Glock Forum banner

Should CCW laws require advanced training?

• Yes

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Great Idea

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 1 5.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!,

We are new to the forum! Our company is Bear Creek Custom Gun and Range. "We offer" weekly shoots at our 368 acre Gun range and Shop!

We have a 1000 yard range as well, for long range shooters. our IDPA match is on the first Saturday of each month starting at 10:00 am. We have over 600 courses of fire and average 40/60 shooters. We always have a side match that pays out 100%. Our 2nd Saturday of the month shoot is steel. Our steel shoot involves multiple bays and real world scenarios. We have a ladies only IDPA on the 3rd Saturday of each month and the last Saturday involves 3-gun and sniper shoots. the cost is free to first time shooters and only $15.00 after that. we pay out 100% on side matches.

We offer wholesale prices on guns and parts. we do custom coatings and action work as well. Our shop has expanded into a full machine shop and "Soon" to be delivered CNC equipment.

We have combat proven instructors for those that want to advanced their shooting skills. We also offer advanced MarksMan/Sniper courses instructed by Marine Scouts and Tier1 instructors. We offer free NRA workshops for youth! and have one of the largest 4-H programs in the area. We are a family operated range! Bring the kids.

Thank You
Rick Allenbrand

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Welcome.

As for your poll question I've had this discussion with friends and former colleagues. I'm not for the government placing restrictions or requirements on those of us who are exercising our constitutionally protected rights. I shoot. A lot. I've done force on force training, on the ground weapons retention, unexpected attack situations at the academy, IDPA matches, etc. and I know in the gravest extreme I'll be playing catch up. I will rely on reaction and muscle memory until I'm able or the circumstances allow for clear strategic thinking.

What does an untrained CCW holder fall back on?

Also people always assess their skills or abilities as greater than they are.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
just for the record I voted not sure BECAUSE you can't pile everyone in a box and treat then the same. some of us have some training and some are expert and then the there are the I have never touched a gun in my life group

and I looked up bear creek gun range and it shows 3 different ones; is it all the same owner?

Reactions: BearCreekRange

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
When people go to DMV they all take the same written test and driving test to get their first license.

No one cares that you've only taken driver Ed or if you've been driving all over your daddy's land. You have to show a minimum level of proficiency.

I really like that idea for CCW permit holders too. But I'm leery of giving government an in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just for the record I voted not sure BECAUSE you can't pile everyone in a box and treat then the same. some of us have some training and some are expert and then the there are the I have never touched a gun in my life group

and I looked up bear creek gun range and it shows 3 different ones; is it all the same owner?

We are Located in Missouri - Bear Creek Tactical. TY

·
Registered
9 Posts
training

i read the Constitution doesn't say must have training it does say shall not be infringed in the 2nd.

but i always tell all new gun buyers that i recommend it but its not to forced on any one

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I didn't read the question, as requiring advanced training BY THE GOVERNMENT. It didn't specify. So that's how I answered it.

Is training smart? Absolutely.

Would you prefer someone assisting you if you are in a situation to defend yourself...someone with some level of training, vs someone that met the "minimum"?

These aren't trick questions.

Just be careful you aren't ending up in the bucket, reacting to the current government situation "they can't tell me what to do". You should do, what you'd believe was required, if there was a situation at hand.

Just something to keep at focus (instead of all the crap going on).

And welcome from the Republic of Texas. :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts