Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, first time poster. I've recently been turned on to Glocks from a friend with most of my history being HK. Bought a G26 after shooting a friend's and have to say I'm impressed. Love the sheer simplicity and accuracy from the Glock platform. So much so, I was about to pick up a G19 until I shot my friend's 19 and 23 side-by-side extensively. Here's the curve; I actually shoot the 23 significantly better than the 19. Not just on one test either. This seems to be completely opposite to everything I've read on several forums so I was hoping to get some good advice on the home forum. Already owning the 26, I know the 19 makes more sense based on the many factors we've all read about. I like both calibers so this is not a caliber debate, rather a "which makes more sense" debate. Thanks for all replies.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

How did you shoot the G19 compared to G26 that you have? There really shouldn't be much difference in accuracy between G19 and 23. Maybe it was the ammo?

You can always get a 9mm conversion barrel if you get the G23.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

How did you shoot the G19 compared to G26 that you have? There really shouldn't be much difference in accuracy between G19 and 23. Maybe it was the ammo?

You can always get a 9mm conversion barrel if you get the G23.
What he said !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I shoot the G26 outstanding and you would think that would pass on to the 19, but it doesn't. Haven't shot the 19 or 23 as much as the 26, but the 23 was noticeably better for me than the 19. Can't explain it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!! I wish I could help a bit, but honestly, I have very little experience with Glocks 9mm's. Lot's of good experience and knowledge with these good folks on here so you will get some good answers! Again, Welcome!! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. I have to say, so far I feel very welcome here compared to some of the other popular sites.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Thanks everyone. I have to say, so far I feel very welcome here compared to some of the other popular sites.
Well, we don't swear at one another, we don't provide useless information (?), we all just try to contribute to each other and give/receive advice, help with problems if able and certainly not bash each other! We are a happy family and plan to keep it that way! :D

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I shoot my G32 as well as I shot my G19, so you're not too strange :)

If your G26 is going to be your primary carry piece, maybe you should think about a G17 or G22...

Heck, you've got the Glock fever, so you'll end up owning 10 by the time your done - the order isn't really that important :)

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I bought both the 19 and the 23, just picked up the 19 and have not shot it yet. I personally think any Glock fan should buy every gun available to them, except the Gap models, those are just BS!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I shoot the G26 outstanding and you would think that would pass on to the 19, but it doesn't. Haven't shot the 19 or 23 as much as the 26, but the 23 was noticeably better for me than the 19. Can't explain it.
Nick, the best weapon you can buy is the one you shoot the best, given that most things are either equal or close to it. Other people's opinions really don't matter at that point. Get the gun that fits you best and that you shoot best. I'd encourage you to try the various magazines - extending the grip will transform many guns. My son has a Model 27 .40 cal which he really liked, but then he bought a high cap mag with a spacer and he can't get over the difference. My wife's Ruger SR9c is the same way - with the 10 round mag and pinkie extension, it's a very comfortable gun to shoot. But then slip in the 17 round mag with the spacer, and holy crap it's a completely different gun!

The nice thing about getting one of the baby Glocks is you can up their capacity by just getting a different mag and maybe a spacer. Glad you found one you like. Now buy it! Lol...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
welcome to the forum Nick. I think it all boils down to your personal preference, and I would say you have already made the decision. Go with your heart man. You can't go wrong with either.
What he said..^^^...and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey everyone, first time poster. I've recently been turned on to Glocks from a friend with most of my history being HK. Bought a G26 after shooting a friend's and have to say I'm impressed. Love the sheer simplicity and accuracy from the Glock platform. So much so, I was about to pick up a G19 until I shot my friend's 19 and 23 side-by-side extensively. Here's the curve; I actually shoot the 23 significantly better than the 19. Not just on one test either. This seems to be completely opposite to everything I've read on several forums so I was hoping to get some good advice on the home forum. Already owning the 26, I know the 19 makes more sense based on the many factors we've all read about. I like both calibers so this is not a caliber debate, rather a "which makes more sense" debate. Thanks for all replies.
Is there any chance that the 23 had some trigger mods to make the pull lighter?

·
Registered
960 Posts
I forgot to mention that I shoot my 23 much better than my new 36. The 36 (being a 45acp), I thought would be a handful. But it's not and I love the feel. As far as being "snappy", I still agree with others that the .40 caliber Glocks seem to be a little more "snappy" than even the .45. I have also fired a 22 Gen 3 and Gen 4 and felt the same "snappy" feel as I do with my 23. I love the 36 and can't wait to get it back to the range and try to improve my groups. I wish I could fire groups with my Glocks like I do with my Ruger SR22, but a little out of the question to carry the Ruger. I will get better with some practice.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought both the 19 and the 23, just picked up the 19 and have not shot it yet. I personally think any Glock fan should buy every gun available to them, except the Gap models, those are just BS!
How are GAP models BS?They're my favorite.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm waiting for the Gen 4 G38 to be released.That'll be next and last Glock.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I have a g23 and a g26 and both shoot great so it is a personal thing and a utility thing too. the g23 is a great gun but the g26 carry’s better with just a little bit of less (ammo carry) and no accessory rail so that is something to keep in mind when you pick a tool for the job.

Some will hate this but an old man told me one time that he picks his calibers by what he can get at the mom & pop store. Like the US forces; you shoot what the rest shoot so if you are ever in a pinch like a shootout and the guy next to you has extra you want to be able to use it. This is one of the nice things about a Glock; mags are interchangeable and if you get the popular caliber then just might save your life

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Thanks for the url for the review, I hope the 45 GAP grows in popularity and the ammo is more available soon. I have been tempted.
I doubt it grows in popularity any more than it already has. This round has been in service for almost 10 years and it's still scarce and under utilized.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts