Glock Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a gen 3 27. I have the competition spring kit and the 3.5 lb ghost connector installed. After shooting the other day I noticed the ejected casings were bent on the end. Kinda like a "D" shape. Any ideas what would cause this?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
pic's would help and/or a better description of where the dent is

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Hi all, I have a gen 3 27. I have the competition spring kit and the 3.5 lb ghost connector installed. After shooting the other day I noticed the ejected casings were bent on the end. Kinda like a "D" shape. Any ideas what would cause this?
Welcome to forum!

Yeah, pics would be great if you can.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
this is done from shooting and not hitting the floor or another hard surface? is this the only one are all of them like ths? is the case mouth out od round or is that shadows?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Never seen that before. Could it be landing on a hard surface like barstoolguru said?

What kind if ammo is that?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They all have bends in them. That is not a shadow. They are not hitting a hard surface, they are landing in my grass yard.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
This is farfetched and you did replace the springs; it could be the slide is not cycling all the way back and the case is hitting the top of the chamber locking lug

Are you shooting bargain basement ammo, some ammos will not have the power to cycle a stronger spring

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i THOUGHT ABOUT THAT AND HAVE NOT HAD TIME TO SWITCH THE SPRINGS BACK TO THE FACTORY ONES YET BUT i AM HOPING TO GET TO THAT THIS WEEKEND AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.
This is farfetched and you did replace the springs; it could be the slide is not cycling all the way back and the case is hitting the top of the chamber locking lug

Are you shooting bargain basement ammo, some ammos will not have the power to cycle a stronger spring

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
what kind of ammo? is it discount ammo; what is the fps?. this will make a difference in the stronger spring

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
The ammo was Speer GoldDot 165 GR GDHP I don't know the fps
1150 fps and that should be enough to cycle a strong spring. Go back to the factory spring and see if the problem persists and go from there. My guess is the case in getting bent on the ejection and making contact with the slide or the chamber roof. Where is the brass being thrown too? Holding the gun strait up and down the brass would be ejected at the 1 to2 O'clock to the right hand side, is that the pattern?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Which spirng are you talking about? I changed the firing pin safety spring, firing pin spring which should have been a lighter spring than stock and the tirgger spring which should have been stronger than stock. I also replaced the connector. The gun was fired straight up but I don't know the position of the ejected brass.

1150 fps and that should be enough to cycle a strong spring. Go back to the factory spring and see if the problem persists and go from there. My guess is the case in getting bent on the ejection and making contact with the slide or the chamber roof. Where is the brass being thrown too? Holding the gun strait up and down the brass would be ejected at the 1 to2 O'clock to the right hand side, is that the pattern?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
You mention a spring kit I assumed one of the springs was the recoil spring. so all you did was lightened the trigger with a 3.5 connector, 4 lb. firing pin spring and a 6 lb. trigger spring. If that is all then I would be looking at the ejector and the extractor because the case is making impact on the way out

If you replaced the fire pin spring FYI; go back to the 5 lb. firing pin spring. Lots of people have problems with light strikes on the primers with a 4 lb. spring and the last thing you want is a misfire in a stressful situation

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Ive seen that before with other guns but was never concered by it; as long as the gun functions reliably its all good!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I suspect the brass is hitting the bottom edge of the ejection port. If you shoot some brass cases it may show a brass smudge on the lower edge of the ejection port. If those are nickel cases it most likely will not show on the port. Erratic ejection from a Glock is not unheard of. Keep track of the ejection pattern. You may find cases ejecting left, right and straight back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts