Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Glock 22 and was wondering what is the best ammo to stock pile? One for the Range and one for home defense.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I buy some when I have a little surplus cash to spend but defense ammo is costly so target ammo is a better choice. what you need to do is ask yourself what you will use when SHTF happens and to me it doesn't matter because a gun will be a gun and when that happens any ammo will work. Whatever you chose date the boxes because it helps rotate the older stuff out

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
241 Posts
IMO it is easier to stock for both with a .40cal gun because most fmj and jhp loads in the 180 grain range are ballistic equivalents (around 1025 fps). I've been finding pretty good deals here...
SGAmmo.com | Family Owned and Operated, Stillwater Oklahoma

This is the same as Winchester Ranger Bonded 180 grain Bonded JHP. If you go to the Wincester ammunition web site and download the law enforcement catalog you'll see tons of information on it.
50 rd box - 40 cal 180 grain Bonded Hollow Point Winchester Q4369 ammo | SGAmmo.com

For practice ammo I've been using Blazer 180 grain. The exact ballistic equivalent.
.40 S&W CCI Blazer FMJ 180 Grain 50 Round Box 1000 fps Practice and Plinking Ammunition

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I like Speer Gold Dot for carry & their training round, Lawman, for practice. They make the Lawman to be similar to the Gold Dot, but less expensive so you can practice more :)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I like Speer Gold Dot for carry & their training round, Lawman, for practice. They make the Lawman to be similar to the Gold Dot, but less expensive so you can practice more :)
Same here...especially with the Gold Dot

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
working on stockpiling 1,000 rds of each caliber I own.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Guys for all the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts