1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
so whats the question?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Go with something like the Trijicon HD's or similiar. They have a ring around the front sight that helps during daylight.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I'm gonna stand back and just watch the responses to this one! The whole site issue is certainly a matter of opinion and you just have to try what works best for you. :)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
but during the day it's too dim.
if you can see your night sights during the day they are a keeper. all I see on mine are dots until it's dark out

·
Registered
1 Posts
Best I ever had were a set of Truglo TFO's on a XD 45.
Tritium behind fiber optics, bright day or night.
After the holidays I plan to put them on my G19 unless I pick up a G21.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I'm using a combination of Meprolite (rear) and Trijicon HD (front). The contrast is a big help in the daytime as well as night.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Have a Glock Tritium front sight now which is great at night, but during the day it's too dim.

I think one of the problems are that he is trying to line the dots up when he should be just putting the front blade in the rear notch and forget the dots. Gun for hundreds of years did fine without the dots

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
apollozcreed, can you elaborate on the day time environment(s) that aren't working for you? Is it any, or just some situations?
I know my choice solved my daytime glare problem - any light is a distraction and causes blurriness from any light source. I see far better at night. So it's not that I can't see my sights, it's that I don't need any night sights in the daytime! Too bad I can't "turn them off" selectively. I think it's a quirk that comes with someone that's worn contacts for 3 decades as I have. My option gave me the best of both worlds. I can use them at night (I had no problem with Trijicons on my G27, g/g) but in the daytime, they blurred together so I couldn't distinguish them. Now I can so I regained the daytime clarity I'd been missing.
But I'm from the old school using the manufacturer shotgun and rifle sights.

I think one of the problems are that he is trying to line the dots up when he should be just putting the front blade in the rear notch and forget the dots. Gun for hundreds of years did fine without the dots

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
The TruGlo night/fiber optic sights are visable day and night. They really jump out at you.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have used Trijicon, Meprolite, and a couple of others, but I have to agree with texcowboy. Truglo night / fiber optic sights are the best I've ever used. They are really bright day, night, or artificial light. My Trijicon and Meprolite were good, but I will pick Truglo any time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts