Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering doing some reloading. More so for my rifles, but I was wondering if someone could offer some tips on basic equipment (kits), etc...things to watch out for...I don't want to get too fancy...very basic..something to go to every once in a while for an hour or two...Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...any ideas on best brands for beginners...?

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like something I can't tear up...lol...

·
Registered
173 Posts
GANDERMOUNTAIN has a kit for 129.99 and has everything you need but the dies .
Product DescriptionThis kit is for those who prefer to prime off of the press. Includes the new Breech Lock Challenger Press. You get a complete powder handling system, with the most convenient and repeatable Perfect Powder Measure. Plus the Lee Safety Scale, the most sensitive and safest of all powder scales and fill your case with the included Powder Funnel. Case Preparation Tools include a cutter and lock stud to trim your cases. An included Lee chamfer tool chamfers the inside and outside of the case mouth. Also includes a tube of premium sizing lube. A small and large primer pocket-cleaning tool completes the case preparation package.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, madralf76...that looks like something I might have to check out...That and a couple of dies won't dent the budget too bad... I appreciate the info...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Wish I had the spare place to set up a reload bench. I feel like I'm throwing money away when I drop my brass in the bucket at the range. One day!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I felt that for sure when I shot my .357sig , but it still paid off putting the lead down range , Always helps with the stress in life !

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't have a lot of room to set up a big operation...looking for something simple...Like you guys, looking at the brass on the ground makes me want to do something different...As to the .357 Sig reloads...I don't shoot reloads in my Glocks...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I don't have a lot of room to set up a big operation...looking for something simple...Like you guys, looking at the brass on the ground makes me want to do something different...As to the .357 Sig reloads...I don't shoot reloads in my Glocks...
Not to mention when it's illegal to buy ammo. You will at least have the skill set.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll do it eventually...need to reuse that brass...Last time I was shooting long distance, this guy was hanging out "lurking" to pick up brass between volleys...I kept the .308, but let him have the .223...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
need to go "green"...I'm keeping all of it now...lol

·
Registered
655 Posts
I wish that I had the space and the time to do the reloading gig. I think that it would be a blast. Hopefully soon i will convince the wife to buy a new house or add on to our house to accommodate my reloading needs.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I wish that I had the space and the time to do the reloading gig. I think that it would be a blast. Hopefully soon i will convince the wife to buy a new house or add on to our house to accommodate my reloading needs.
Just don't tell her you want to make your own gun powder out of charcoal, sulfur and urine :)

·
Registered
655 Posts
Just don't tell her you want to make your own gun powder out of charcoal, sulfur and urine :)
That is actually something I should tell her. Then maybe she will let me add a power room.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No blast, I pray...lol...just a little something to spend a minimum amount of time with, cook up a few rounds...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts