Glock Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a used Gen 4 "19" and have slowly been customizing the pistol (night sights, tungsten guide rod). I purchased a 3.5# trigger spring bar and was about to install when I discovered there was no pin in the rear of the frame. I never had a problem because I had not fired the gun since the purchase. Now the big problem..... I removed the slide and popped up the trigger mechanism and pushed it back down. I re-installed the slide but It would not seat properly. Now, I can't get it off. I am afraid I will tear something up if I try to force it. The slide will move rearward but I fear the trigger mechanism is not fully seated and it keeps the slide from moving forward.

Any ideas on how I can "fix" this problem?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I am sure one of the Glock Armorers will have an answer for you soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sure hope so. At this point, I don't know if the pin was missing when I bought the pistol or if it fell out. I can't imagine the pin would fall out or somehow come out by itself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Calling Glock in Smyrna is probably the best solution. I thought perhaps someone out there might have run across this type of issue in the past and know of a quick fix (before Tuesday).

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
How much movement are you getting from the slide?

I'm no armorer, but with a gen 4, it does come with a 2nd pin for the larger backstrap (should be in the plastic bag with the 2 backstraps). That would at least give you the back pin.

As for removing the slide, the only thing my non-armorer brain can think of this early in the AM is to maybe remove the back plate from the slide.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can move the slide all the way to the rear and back to approx. center but it won't go forward far enough to be removed. Removing the back plate sounds like it may be a solution. I will give it a try.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I can move the slide all the way to the rear and back to approx. center but it won't go forward far enough to be removed. Removing the back plate sounds like it may be a solution. I will give it a try.
Let us know if that works. Also, be sure to look for the longer pin the backstrap bag.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You guys are good!!! Problem solved...

I found the (slightly longer) backstrap pin and removed the backplate (and innards) as recommended. The slide came off with no issue. I was able to instal the 3.5 pound connector and reassemble. It was a bit of a struggle to remove the backplate. Thanks for all the good advice. I am thrilled to have found the forum.

PS; I went ahead and ordered a set of pins to keep on hand. I hate having Glock downtime and can't wait to get to the range this week to try the new and improved 3.5 pound trigger.

Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am getting ready to sell my (somewhat customized) Gen 4 G-19. Let me know if you know of someone who may be interested. I have the original box and back straps etc. Add'l customization includes a Tungston Guide Rod ($80.00 value), Custom skull & cross bones slide cover plate ($20.00 value), Trijicon night sights ($100.00 value). Four extra 15 rd magazines + a 33 rd magazine. Thanks to the forum, it now has a 3.5 lb. trigger. I also have a Mitch Rosen 5JR-EXP holster in Cuban Brown (shows some wear). All in all, this package has a value of over $950.00. I would let it go for $450.00 if someone is interested (you pay shipping).

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am getting ready to sell my (somewhat customized) Gen 4 G-19. Let me know if you know of someone who may be interested. I have the original box and back straps etc. Add'l customization includes a Tungston Guide Rod ($80.00 value), Custom skull & cross bones slide cover plate ($20.00 value), Trijicon night sights ($100.00 value). Four extra 15 rd magazines + a 33 rd magazine. Thanks to the forum, it now has a 3.5 lb. trigger. I also have a Mitch Rosen 5JR-EXP holster in Cuban Brown (shows some wear). All in all, this package has a value of over $950.00. I would let it go for $450.00 if someone is interested (you pay shipping).
you have any pics of your gun I might be interested in this deal ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't have any now, but I can take some shots tomorrow and send them to you if you provide your email address.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.