Glock Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I bought a Blackhawk Serpa for open carry, and a Clipdraw for concealed. I bought them at the same time, but it didn't occur to me that the clip extends way down the slide of the Glock. Fortunately for me the clip slides right over the holster, and there is absolutely no hang up on the draw. It's as though the clip is not even there. I've had the gun for almost a week now, and have yet to shoot it.:(

Attachments

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Make sure your insurance is paid up.....lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Make sure your insurance is paid up.....lol
Are you referring to the rumors of people shooting themselves while withdrawing?
Because that was a concern of mine. However, the gun does release with the slightest pressure on the tab, so I'm not to worried about it.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Are you referring to the rumors of people shooting themselves while withdrawing?
Because that was a concern of mine. However, the gun does release with the slightest pressure on the tab, so I'm not to worried about it.
since you brought it up it could be seen that way but I was referring to the clip draw; Sticking a gun in your pants with an open trigger is an accident waiting to happen

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
When using the Clipdraw I would suggest the use of a SafeTBlock, a triangular piece that fits behind the trigger preventing the trigger from being pulled until it is pushed out with a tap of the trigger finger. I use it on all my Glocks, as with anything gun related some like it and some hate it, just as the Serpa.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I don't care for the clip draw just for the fact that having an exposed trigger doesn't seem to be a good idea. Do what texcowboy said and install a Saf-T-Block. They just knock right out when it's time to fire and might help keep you from blowing away body parts!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
since you brought it up it could be seen that way but I was referring to the clip draw; Sticking a gun in your pants with an open trigger is an accident waiting to happen
Oh..ok, I see what ur saying...well, and I'm up for opinions on this, but I was thinking about not having a round chambered while carrying.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Oh..ok, I see what ur saying...well, and I'm up for opinions on this, but I was thinking about not having a round chambered while carrying.
That is your choice BUT it just might cost you your life. The scenario’s for not having a round chambered is endless including having the BG by the shirt with your other hand. I like the saf-t-blok and I have used one with good results but if you are going to Mexican carry (basically your clip draw) you might consider a MIC holster. Unlike the saf-t-bloc you can rack the slide with one on and not damage the trigger.

[video=youtube;YNTLFHcgszc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNTLFHcgszc[/video]

just an FYI there are cheaper models out there

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I always carry with a round chambered. With the adreniline flowing all I have to do is push out the safetyTblock I mentioned in my other post and pull the trigger. You never know what your off hand will have to be doing in an emergency.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok..it all make sense. Keep the trigger covered and a round chambered. I don’t really plan or carrying “Mexican” style all the much. I just wanted another option, depending on the scenario, to carry my gun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Agree with what's been said about clip carry. In my CHL classes I talk about different forms of conceal carry always advise my students if using a sky-clip to always use a Saf-T-Block.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts