Glock Forum banner

Bought another gun, so one has to go, which one?

Tags
p94 ruger sr22
5K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  David2014 
#1 ·
I was in a LGS and saw a great deal on a pistol so I bought it. I keep buying guns, but need to sell one.
Here goes:

Ruger P94DC 9mm (my first semi-auto)
Ruger SR22 .22lr (great gun, fun to shoot)
Glock 23 .40 (which I don't like to shoot)
Glock 19 9mm (which I love and is a keeper)
Got a "piece of crap" .32 H&R revolver I don't like (but its worthless, not worth selling)

One of them hast to go. . .which one.

The P94 was my first semi-auto, so its kinda sentimental. The SR22 is great, wife & kids love shooting it, fun to have around. The G23 .40 is too big for me to enjoy and the ammo is expensive. The G19 9mm is great.
Option 1: Sell the Ruger P94. Thinking of keeping the G23 in the pistol safe as home defense and adding a light to it.
Option 2: Sell the G23 .40, I don't like it anyway; put the G19 in the pistol safe and add a light; cant add a light to the P94 (no rail)
Option 3: Sell the G23 .40, I don't like it anyway; put the P94 in the pistol safe, use a hand held light
Option 4: taking all $ donations to be able to keep all guns

What to do?

See less See more
#9 ·
I'm a 45 man so I would sell them all and get a G21 and a good 1911 Springfield but that's just my take on it. I like one shot one kill, it saves on ammo. :cool:

Reactions: Swampfox762
#10 ·
Sounds like the G-23 is wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeely gone! Bye Bye G-23...hello 9mm in nightstand! Oh, and I would sell the H&R .32 revolver on gunbroker.com and see what I could get for it...might add up to a few boxes of 9mm ammo?

Seriously...if it were me, I've come to the point where having guns that shoot matching ammo is important! The wife and I used to have 18 different caliber'd guns (handguns, rifles, and shotguns) and now we're down to 12 different calibers. We shed 6 calibers including .380 acp, .357SIG, 12 GA (all our shotguns are now 20 ga), .32 NAA, as well as a few other oddballs. We just felt that having too many calibers was a waste of time and $$ and that consolidating would not only cut cost, but would also allow us to improve on the quality of ammo as well!

#11 ·
Sell the Barrett .50 and keep the rest. You know you can get different barrels for the G23 (9mm and .357 Sig) You can get a ported barrel for the .40 and that will make the recoil more tolerable, you could get a threaded barrel for the .40 and put a suppressor on it and that will make the recoil more tolerable and much quieter :). Oh, you don't have a Barrett? Well keep the rest anyway.

#15 ·
Pussy! Steel .40 Tulammo is cheap for plinking. I don't see a shotgun for home defense. ;)

#20 ·
Halleluiah he has seen the light! :)

#21 ·
I'd sell the .32 for what I could get out of it, then use the money to help pay for a 40-9mm conversion barrel for the G23. I've got both a G23 & 19. I don't notice a great difference between the 2. But I can tell a big difference when switching from the G19 to the G27.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.