Glock Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lookng for another glock but I dont want .45 or 9mm. Ive been looking into 357 any thoughts? Mainly for plinking and going pew pew at random stuff in the desert.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Try either 357Auto or 10MM. Both not cheap to shoot but FUN !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
How about getting either a 27 or 23? I love shooting .40cal and you can find ammo almost everywhere.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive been thinking about another 40 that damn 357 seems to be calling my name but like mentioned above I heard its more expensive and harder to find ammo lol.

·
Registered
469 Posts
If you are considering buying another Glock, look for a G23 with the 357 conversion that texcowboy mentions above. I don't have a conversion barrel myself but tcb knows Glocks so you might want to consider his advice. (PS: I love my G23.)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Unless you got deep pockets and like to look for ammo the 357 would be the last choice. if you get a G23 then you can get a conversion barrel

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wouldnt say I have DEEP pockets lol but I do know a few people from my service days who get me great deals on ammo. The one thing im not liking is how hard it is to FIND 357 without waiting a month lol. If with the shortage of .45 I can go to walmart on random nights and pick up a box of win 230 gr (100 rd) fmjs for plinking for only 30 bucks. Cant say I could ever do that with 357 lol. I guess im reall just looking for something fun but a little different?

·
Banned
966 Posts
Ive been thinking about another 40 that damn 357 seems to be calling my name but like mentioned above I heard its more expensive and harder to find ammo lol.
The .357 also fires .38 Special.

Diameter of bullet in .357 Mag and .38 Special = 0.357"

Back in the 1850's the measuring devices weren't as precise as they are now.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
The .357 also fires .38 Special.

Diameter of bullet in .357 Mag and .38 Special = 0.357"

Back in the 1850's the measuring devices weren't as precise as they are now.
I believe they are taling about 357 Auto.

I have no problem finding 357 Auto in my area, even now with the ammo shortage going on. Saw it yesterday at Cheaper Than Dirt.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ditto to the above. And I love my G23 also. I carry it and it is a fun gun to shoot.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Cant go wrong with a G23. Than if you must get a .357 barrel for it, but personally I don't have much use for that round.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have been lookng for another glock but I dont want .45 or 9mm. Ive been looking into 357 any thoughts? Mainly for plinking and going pew pew at random stuff in the desert.
If you know, really well a LEO, buy, bribe, or con him into selling you boxes of Winchester 180 gr. Black Talon 357 Magnum ammo. It is yet to be surpassed, totally devastating, I have, in season, taken 11 deer, 9 black bear and 5 big bull caribou all one shot kills using 357 180 gr Black Talons. It is NOT illegal to own or use, Winchester did to good of a job advertising that ammo when it came onto the market, the ANT-GUNNERS had mental meltdowns over the ammo, so Winchester sells it only to LEO. Jackalope3

1 - 18 of 18 Posts