Glock Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all,

Brand new Glock 22 (gen. 4) owner as of last week. I'm pretty excited about the reliability and versatility of the Glock, even though I SUCK at my accuracy so far (only +300 rounds). I'm an XDm owner and for some reason shoot that .40 much more accurately than the G22. Shooting the G22 is just something I'm just going to have to practice (no complaints here). :D

Question:

I have added a TLR-1 to the rail of my G22 and do not have a holster for it yet. My philosophy of use is strictly home defense, as I will not be open-carrying it until we (Texans) are legally allowed. I want a MIC holster (trigger guard holster THE GLOCKTECH STORE), but with the TLR-1, this holster will not fit. Are there any known trigger "holsters" that are compatible with a G22 gen. 4 sporting a TLR-1?

Thanks for any help y'all can provide. Looking forward to swapping tips and information.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
first off welcome to the site and second you might have to go to a custom fit holster. standard holsters are generally mfg'ed to guns without lights or lasers. there are a couple of kydex mfg's that will make one to fit... good luck in your search

I am not sure how attached to the light set up you are but if you get a detachable light you can get a regular holster without the big expense

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Welcome to GF.net...a great site! Congrat's on the new Glock 22...you have chosen, wisely!

As far as a holster that supports a light...you're probably looking at an LEO duty holster as that's where many of the gun/attachment holsters are developed for.

I prefer CopsPlus | Police Supply | Police Duty Gear | Tactical Police Equipment for duty-type stuff...some of the better prices on the 'net!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I guess I'll have to go with a full-size LEO holster. It's not impossible to leave the light off, but it would defeat a huge purpose for me, plus it's just a little annoying to remove/re-install the light every time I don't/do need it.Thank y'all so much for the info!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Welcome. Lights are nice but they don't work so well with holsters. Too many variations. Might be able to find one. I have a G22 with a light that I use as home defense but it's in a "quick" safe for easy access.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a pic. Fits like a glove. Great retention. Company actually shipped a pocket bible with the purchase as well. Amazing deal, great company. image.jpg

·
Registered
197 Posts
Welcome

1 - 11 of 11 Posts