Glock Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I empty a clip and put the new clip in is very difficult to move reload clip to make the action move forward and then down on the rolead lever. Is there any way to loosen that up and make it easy to change clips and move the damn hard button to reload with one hand, My glock 21 3rd Gen I didnt have any issues but when I got ths Gen 4I basicalyy have to use two hands to pull the loader back and then move the release button. Do you have any suggections or a remedy that would give me the upper hand pn reloading and then shotting with out missing a beat and not struggling to get the clip out of the way to reload. Oil, mechanical persuassion, I just need some help/ Thanks take acre.Jonathan

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
When you have the reloaded Magazine in the weapon, are you just pushing down on the slide release for the slide to go forward? Try 'slingshotting' the slide, that is pull the slide all the way to the rear and let it go.

Reactions: rowabi

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
When you have the reloaded Magazine in the weapon, are you just pushing down on the slide release for the slide to go forward? Try 'slingshotting' the slide, that is pull the slide all the way to the rear and let it go.
+1 ^ Right...most dependable way to put the fresh "mag" into action is the slingshot method...Though some models are easier than others to manipulate the "rear-locked slide" release, it's not the most dependable. It makes for great TV, and demonstrations, but not really a great way to train for real world situations where it might count with a life on the line...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
don't get discouraged zigger it will all wok out in time. the slide release will loosen so much eventually that you will be able to just push it with your thumb very easily and the slide will snap forward.the info above is correct not only for being the easiest but the safest and proper way.

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys are the best and I accidentally duplicated this post and I need to find it and delete it. Thanks again for being great to talk to. Taake Care, God Speed

·
Registered
241 Posts
I would add that if you do want an easier to manipulate slide release plenty of aftermarket choices are available. Glock OEM is a great one IMO and I'm tempted to try the Tango Down one because at a glance it looks like a factory original but it isn't.

·
Banned
966 Posts
I never owned Gen's 1, 2, or 3 but I understand 4 was improved in this area, similar to ZombieKiller's extended slide stop lever. I never thought of mine as being difficult to use, in fact even my wife pulled it, and she can't rack the slide!

·
Registered
32 Posts
My Gen 3 G21sf slide was difficult to release using the Slide Stop as a control. Keep your Magazines fully loaded and in a short time they will ease up and not push against the slide as much, and the slide will release more easily. In the mean time sling shot the slide to release it. After a month or so the use of my slide stop is easily used to release the slide.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts