Glock Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all thank you and second I am not a Glock owner (yet), to be totally honest I have always had springers, but in doing my research I have decided to cross over to Glock exclusively, my question is which model would be a good start and my second question is have any problems been reported with the model 42 (I believe), the new .45 auto long tactical practical long slide, thanks again and I hope you don't hold me being a springer fan against me,. Trust me from here on out my collection will be Glock.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We're glad you joined us in celebration of all things Glock. You'll get lots of opinions. I would try to figure out what was my primary use to determine which one was best for me. Good luck. I have a 42 and issues were resolved by Glock. Most owners are happy, some not.

Reactions: PSmith

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I personally like the Glock 30s in .45, For Carry and HD.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Welcome to GF.net...a great site! Depending on your needs, especially if CCing is a large part of your considerations, I would recommend a G-30S...a slim-slide, 10 rounder in .45 acp! Oh, and it'll accept Glock 21 mags as well!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
welcome to the site, some owners are not happy with the 42 but why not get a G26. almost the same size and better firepower

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The G-30s, would you use it as your every day carry, I want my first Glock to be my everyday carry as well as home protection use, I guess what I am asking is it ready out of the holster no bs about cocking the hammer and all that goes with that, I want one that is ready when I am. I have one other question about the model 42, have there been any problems reported or is it holding up to the high standard set by Glock.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Welcome from NW Florida. Seems Like every one has an opinion, and opinions are like Ash hole’s. There all cracked up and they all stink but mine, so farm your opinions and grab your guns and stick to it. I have a Glock23 Gen3 in 40 cal and I love it. I will be getting a Glock42, in this life or the next.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hoss, your 23 in 40 cal, have you ever had any problems with it, FTF or Stovepipe, anything of that nature, also I just curious you said your going after the 42, I am wanting one so bad I may make it my very first Glock, what is it that you like about it. So far everything I have read about it is outstanding, of course I cannot find anyone to find anything wrong with the weapon, just wanting your opinion on what you have heard about it and if you have heard any negatives.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also I wanted to thank all of you for the welcome's, this looks like the right place to be as I am brand new to Glock so anything you all can tell me about the line of firearms would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I’m not afraid of any Glock product, they are good about making any issues go away. I have never had an issue with my 23, but I’m very anal about cleaning and servicing it, as for as that goes I am that away with all my weapons.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Also I wanted to thank all of you for the welcome's, this looks like the right place to be as I am brand new to Glock so anything you all can tell me about the line of firearms would be greatly appreciated.
I carry a Glock 30s every day...EVERY DAY, with 10 + 1 of .45. My second Glock 30s is in the bedroom, with a 13 + 1 Clip in it.

Put the 30s in your hand, feel it. ALSO...whatever other Glock you might be interested in. "Hold em", feel em...stick em in your pocket or whatever.

I'm an older dude. I shoot the 30s pretty damn good. I just didn't see any reason to have another different gun as a home defense gun, when I could have ANOTHER 30s...with 14 rounds of .45 in the bedroom.

At my age, I'm a firm believer in "KISS".

"Keep it simple Stupid". When I find something I like....really Like? I buy 2.

Reactions: PSmith

·
Registered
777 Posts
Howdy from Alaska... welcome aboard.

I’m partial to a G19 as my light-weight daily knock around pistol in condition 3.
Tough as nails and never failed to perform.
If I want more than a 9mm... I carry my .44mag or .45-70.

Like Swampfox says... KISSS (Keep It Simple for Sanity Sake).

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
..the model 42 (I believe), the new .45 auto long tactical practical long slide..
from your 1st post, Ken - it sounds like you're a bit confused.....

Glock model g42 is a (somewhat new) single stack 8 round .380 caliber pistol.....

Glock model g41 is a (somewhat new) double stack 13 round .45 caliber pistol, that Glock calls a full sized, somewhat long slide "competition model" (with it's 5.31" barrel)

look here to familiarize yourself with Glock's offerings : Full Line of Pistols | GLOCK USA

that said, I'm not familiar with the g41 but my Wife did buy a g42 and she's/we've had zero problems - tho there have been reports that some folks have (perhaps on the earlier models - or maybe - "operator error" ?)

all the rest of our Glocks are 9mm types ('cept my g24 which is a .40 caliber and is a super pistol) - ALL good shooters

after reading many of the threads here it seems to me that the consensus for a 1st Glock (or an "only Glock) is the g19 9mm, 15 rounds 4.01" barrel (high capacity, concealable)

good luck

·
Registered
789 Posts
Welcome from Washington.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts