Glock Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how do you build a forum back to what it once was? The first step is to get rid of what killed it to start with - those of you who were here remember how spam overwhelmed the site. It was impossible to find legitimate posts in the midst of all the junk. I was added as a moderator to help speed up getting rid of spamming and scamming accounts. If you spot a scam or see a spam post that I haven't spotted yet, please hit "report." I'm on multiple Vertical Scope forums so I check the Moderator queues first.

Second - We need shooting sports, Glock and firearms related content over off-topic discussions.

People don't join GlockForum.net because they were looking for politics or investing discussions, they'll go to politics or investing forums for that. They'll come here for Glock, guns, shooting sports discussions. The more of those we can find, the more likely people will join and stay.

I'll try to keep the pages clean, let's see if we can't get some folks back!

·
Registered
896 Posts
:) Yeah, I know; and THAT can be a lot of work! Last year I was forced to resign from a reasonably well paid position as the Administrator of a Facebook survival, homesteading, and preparation group page. (I had a heart attack.) Let me tell you: Administering that group started out as an hour a day job, and the money was good; but, in order to grow the site, it became a 5 or 6 hour a day job; and, because the salary was fixed, the money stopped being so good.

Sure, I grew the site up to 3,000 + members in less than a year, but that job really took a lot out of me! I had to administrate the group, as well as write AND edit (suitable for publication) a wide variety of different articles—Articles that always had to be: pertinent, attractive, entertaining, and scrupulously correct. (Make a mistake and, at least, 10 people will immediately jump on you; so, . . . a scrupulous research requirement was absolutely mandatory!)

Yes, there was spam, and lots of people who were looking for free advertising for their own websites; but posts like these are fairly easy to spot, and even easier to get rid of. ALL OF THE REALLY HARD WORK came from having to actually grow the site. I am not sure I'd want to go through that again, and I certainly wouldn't want to do it gratis. It's just too much genuinely hard work, high quality writing, occasional disciplinary problems, and attention to detail.

Reactions: MisterMills357

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
OK, I’ll see what I can do. This place has been a graveyard for years, and it needs to live again.
I can be rancorous, because of what I see going on in America, but I can try to change.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
@Pistolero
Don’t kill yourself trying to change people, you won’t change them, but they may kill you.
Having a heart attack or a stroke isn’t worth it, just to bring people in to a forum, or onto Facebook.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts