Glock Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share the joy. :)

I just picked up a low use gen3 17C today. Adding Vickers Tactical mag plates, Glock minus connector, NY1 trigger spring, 2 more spare mags (we carry three on duty), Vickers Tactical slide release, either a Glock extended mag release or Vicerks, and Defoor Tactical sights. Actually I just finished ordering the parts in this list I don't already have plus a Glock sight pusher since I hate having to track down one to borrow. I'm not saying my list of stuff is the best for everyone but for me it is exactly what I want on my duty weapon. Just thought I'd post this so if anyone had any suggestions or questions and plus I'm happy that I'm getting rid of my issued gen4 17.

The one question I can answer that I know should pop up is why a C model Glock. The C model porting has zero effect on my night vision. I have been using a 23C for years as first a concealed carry piece and now as my off duty concealed handgun. I have years of experience shooting it on dark ranges and it has no effect at all. As a matter of fact I never even notice the blast out of the ports as I'm focused on my front sight. I don't worry about blast from the retention position as I can't move my arm far enough back behind me while shooting my gun for it to ever be an issue.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
sounds like a nice setup. Wish we could have modified our duty weapons when I was active. I hated the Glock stock sites we got in the first issue.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Sounds like you will have it perfect for your use. I assume then that you can carry on duty your own weapon as long as you qualify with it.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
I had a G17C upper that I used on my G22. Muzzle flash will depend on ammo and powder used. But I personally always enjoyed a nice fireworks display; letter V of pure Flame was always entertaining. :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds like a nice setup. Wish we could have modified our duty weapons when I was active. I hated the Glock stock sites we got in the first issue.
Our Glocks all come with the Glock night sights. As good as any I've ever used and durable. Personally I've always thought night sights weren't something I needed. I've been in many a dark house, room, wooded area, or street with a gun in my hand. More than once I've had to fire at night and not once did I feel the night sights helped me any.

We can modify our own weapons we provide. We aren't allowed of course to modify the issued weapons.

Sounds like you will have it perfect for your use. I assume then that you can carry on duty your own weapon as long as you qualify with it.
Correct. We also have to have prior approval. Pretty much any safe Sig, 1911, Glock, HK, or other major brand will be approved. Minimum caliber is 9mm. Of course they provide 9mm so anyting other than that and you have to provide your own ammo.

I had a G17C upper that I used on my G22. Muzzle flash will depend on ammo and powder used. But I personally always enjoyed a nice fireworks display; letter V of pure Flame was always entertaining. :)
On my 23C I always liked Corbon 135 grain JHP. Big fireworks at night. :)

I had a little resistance at first about even qualifying a C gun for off duty use. I guess qualifying a 100 score at night settled the issue though.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Like a kid in the candy store :) Love the gen 3s...the quintessence of Glock "perfection".

I know Denver PD is allowed any 9mm or .45 ACP, and they are given a "uniform allowance" for it. One officer I spoke to had a full size HK USP .45 he used. Looked ferocious!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like a kid in the candy store :) Love the gen 3s...the quintessence of Glock "perfection".

I know Denver PD is allowed any 9mm or .45 ACP, and they are given a "uniform allowance" for it. One officer I spoke to had a full size HK USP .45 he used. Looked ferocious!
A MK23 would be a nice duty gun. Kind of expensive though. :)

One correction I need to make. I will have to have night sights on my gun. Other than that I'm good to go for qualification after the gun is ready. :)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
G18 would be nice, too :)

I really liked the Warren Tactical w/tritium on my G34.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I could probably get it approved but it would be a bit much IMO. We have a local that has one in his store and carries one on his side when at work. Interesting fellow.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Just tell them it's necessary for traffic duty:

[video=youtube;sVv_4cBIsqg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVv_4cBIsqg[/video]

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't get me wrong, that movie (and that scene in particular) is great but to me the ultimate sidearm (if I were allowed) would be this...

I did move my Trijicon night sights to my 17C today and put a 100 rounds through it. I'm pretty much ready for qualification as is if it pops up before the other items arrive. The 17C shot exactly the way I thought it would. I'm happy outshooting others at qualification but prefer to do it faster than them also. :)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Don't get me wrong, that movie (and that scene in particular) is great but to me the ultimate sidearm (if I were allowed) would be this...

I did move my Trijicon night sights to my 17C today and put a 100 rounds through it. I'm pretty much ready for qualification as is if it pops up before the other items arrive. The 17C shot exactly the way I thought it would. I'm happy outshooting others at qualification but prefer to do it faster than them also. :)
Serbu Super Shorty...I have one on my radar...sweet..!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts