Glock Forum banner

"Bullets" and "clips"...where do these people come from...?

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  texcowboy 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Not sure about giving up .45's for 9mm's...Focus should maybe be on marksmanship/practice, rather than how many "bullets" the bad guys have...or what about a Glock 21...?...hmmm

#10 ·
Ditto...the following quote was taken from said article regarding the 'improvement' of going to the 9mm round, "The Columbia Police Department is fielding new 9 mm FN pistols to replace their old Sig Sauer .45 call handguns. The new guns, that were manufactured locally, hold more bullets and fire a more lethal round. They are smaller and lighter to carry than the Sig Sauer. Chief Randy Scott says the new weapons will arm his officers so that they have an advantage over the criminals who shoot at them." (Read more here: Columbia police to use Richland Co.-made guns - Crime & Courts - TheState.com)

While I agree that the 9mm round can be lethal...to say that it is more lethal than a .45 acp round is ridiculous. While I carry a G-23 .40 (my wife has a G-19 9mm) I am wanting a good .45acp for CQB defense. There's nothing like a good .45 when things are up close and personal.

#9 ·
"The Columbia Police Department is fielding new 9 mm FN pistols to replace their old Sig Sauer .45 call handguns. The new guns, that were manufactured locally, hold more bullets and fire a more lethal round.

" Hmm I'm a big 9mm fan but not sure if I would call it more lethal (maybe if some cover/light armour was used)

But FN makes nice handguns. I had a FNP9 and it was a well made, quality pistol.

#11 ·
I was wondering when I read the article if it was indeed FNHerstal but then they said they were manufactured locally. I know FN has a plant just 30 miles north of me but I didn't think they had one in Columbia. Back in the day when the 9mm became popular you did see a large switch due to magazine capacity over .45 and .357 ie the US Army, but with the FN if it is indeed FNH then they make a double stack .45 so why go with a 9mm this is a little confusing. Maybe ignorance from the department heads?

#12 ·
Chief Randy Scott says the new weapons will arm his officers so that they have an advantage over the criminals who shoot at them."

Hey Chief Scott, want to outgun the bad guys? Try a G20 !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.