Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

My name is Nick, I'm from Tampa FL and I just joined the site.

I'm looking to buy my first Glock and after shooting a few I have decided to go with the Gen 4 Glock 21. It will be used for home defense and having some fun at the range. I do have a few question....

Any feed back regarding the G21 would be great!

When I take up something new I try to find a local shop that I buy all my stuff from, I think customer loyalty is very important and I love to support shops and not give my $$ to major shops like Bass Pro. That being said I'm having trouble finding a good shop in my area. Can anyone recommend a great shop to work with? I have gone to a couple but none have really stood out to me.

Also, what is a good price for a G21? What I have heard is $500-$550 is a good/fair price...but every place I go seems to want $600-$639!

Thanks for any info you all can give as I really want to make this purchase soon so I can enjoy my new gun over Thanksgiving.

Nick

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Two questions...Where are you located...?...and are you eligible for the Glock Blue Label discount, as shown below...?

*All sworn Law Enforcement Officers (LEO) State, County and City
*All Federal Law Enforcement Officers (LEO) FBI, US Marshals, DEA etc
*All Retired LEO with "retired" credentials including Federal, State, County & City
*State Licensed Securtiy Companies (ie. Loomis Fargo, RAM, Securitas, etc)
*State/City licensed Security officers
*Active Military personnel-all branches
*National Guard personnel-all branches
*Military Reserve personnel-all branches
*Legitimately retired military veterans with "retired" military ID
*All TSA employees
*Licensed Para-Medics and EMT's
*Fire Fighters (including volunteers) with appropriate ID
*Commercial Pilot license holders & Federal Flight Deck Officers
*Court Judges
*District Attorneys and Deputy District Attorneys

Blue Label Prices...
www.edspublicsafety.com/glockindividual.html

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
The price will vary by state and supply; you never said what state you’re in. I personally go with how ever gives me a good price.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
the 21 for some reason commands a pretty good price even used. the cost of that gun with shipping for a dealer is probably somewhere around 500+. try gt distributors or glockmeister on line but even if the price is cheap you have to consider the shipping and dealers transfer fee. guesstimate is anything under 600 is ok.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
the 21 for some reason commands a pretty good price even used. the cost of that gun with shipping for a dealer is probably somewhere around 500+. try gt distributors or glockmeister on line but even if the price is cheap you have to consider the shipping and dealers transfer fee. guesstimate is anything under 600 is ok.
I agree...that's a good ballpark figure to work with...if you do better, that's a bonus...!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will be at the show for sure and hopefully make a second purchase then. I'm pretty addicted to the range now and its almost $100 once the day is over (kinda expensive) so I kinda want to buy ASAP. At least thats how I'm justifing buying now and not waiting.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I am not eligible for the blue label discount. Im in Tampa FL.
Welcome! Sorry to hear you aren't eligible for the Blue Labels. They really go out of their way to take care of the LE/military (even though some people seem to offended by the program).

·
Registered
188 Posts
Also, what is a good price for a G21? What I have heard is $500-$550 is a good/fair price...but every place I go seems to want $600-$639!
Welcome from Pa...

$600 to $639 is just about right for a Gen 4 G-21 here's mines ...

DSC_5001.jpg

Good luck...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Have you checked out Shoot Straight...?...they seem to have a lot, though I didn't see a Gen4...Nice facility, too!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Nick, I really like your line of thinking about putting your money into a local shop and not the "big stores". I do frequent a lot of gun stores but seem drawn back to my favorite one. They give me good prices, recognize and call me by name when I walk in, they are ALWAYS friendly and tell me not to buy anything at another store until I check back with them on the price. And they always match it. Just with me verbally telling them the price. They don't need to see anything in writing. I guess besides price and being friendly, they have my trust. And THAT is huge!! :)

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Welcome Nick. I would recommend Joing the Glock sport shooting foundation. Around $90 for three years, and you get 1 discounted Glock per year for 3 years. I think it is the same as LE pricing. Joining for one year does not get you the discount. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome! Sorry to hear you aren't eligible for the Blue Labels. They really go out of their way to take care of the LE/military (even though some people seem to offended by the program).
My buddy just graduated from the Academy and he called a place for me. His price $500 out the door, my price $600 plus tax. As mush as I would love to find my gun for $500 it doesnt bother me one bit LEO/Military have discounted prices. I always try to go out of my way to thank them when I see them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nick, I really like your line of thinking about putting your money into a local shop and not the "big stores". I do frequent a lot of gun stores but seem drawn back to my favorite one. They give me good prices, recognize and call me by name when I walk in, they are ALWAYS friendly and tell me not to buy anything at another store until I check back with them on the price. And they always match it. Just with me verbally telling them the price. They don't need to see anything in writing. I guess besides price and being friendly, they have my trust. And THAT is huge!! :)
ArmyCobra1- I'm a big supporter of our local economy. I fish all the time and I try to always go to the same shop my father took me to as a kid. They know me by fist name always ask how pops is doing. I just feel its the American way!

BTW just saw your a Retired Veteran. Thank you for your service and God Bless!

·
Registered
960 Posts
My buddy just graduated from the Academy and he called a place for me. His price $500 out the door, my price $600 plus tax. As mush as I would love to find my gun for $500 it doesnt bother me one bit LEO/Military have discounted prices. I always try to go out of my way to thank them when I see them.
Very nice to hear that Nick. Luckily for me, I'm only disabled because of a back injury that is going to require surgery. The men and women that are getting injured or killed in combat are the ones that get my utmost respect. I am very fortunate that I didn't have that kind of "duty". Thank you very much!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Just checked 4 sites, Gallery of Guns, Impactguns, Budsgunshop, and Grabagun. Gen 4 G21's run from $585-$599 new. Add in the transfer fee (whatever your local shop charges), plus applicable sales tax. Gen 4's are running higher than Gen 3's. My new G19 Gen 4 ran me $542 + tax. Gen 3 was $499.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
As suggested by another poster i would say try the Tampa Gun Show. Here in Fort worth I have found the Gun Shows to have the best prices.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Nick I am new to the sight as well but not new to glocks, I love my gen 3 g21 if you can find if cheaper then gen 4 get it. There is only little features different but the price is the big thing. I didn't see the marginal cost out way the marginal value. I also do agree with finding a local shop they give you the best info and prices from what I've seen and experienced.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts