Glock Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If the P365 is what they say it is ill be buying my first Sig! Only .05 inches taller and .04 inches wider then 43 and its actually shorter with 10+1 capacity??! That is significant enough for me to say goodbye to my Glock single stack (and 26 for that matter). Trigger is supposed to be very nice, comes with night sights, optional 12+1 mags... was never a Sig guy but im kind of excited.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I agree. On paper, it’s the best of both worlds. The size of a 43 with the capacity of a 26.

If the trigger is comparable to the p320 series, it’s awesome!

I’ll wait to see how reliable they are before buying in.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
I agree. On paper, it’s the best of both worlds. The size of a 43 with the capacity of a 26.

If the trigger is comparable to the p320 series, it’s awesome!

I’ll wait to see how reliable they are before buying in.
If I was in the market my thoughts too. Isn't it the Sig (?) that NJSP had problems with? Remember the G42 :rolleyes:

[video=youtube;1m5Mwx8pPf8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m5Mwx8pPf8[/video]

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
[video=youtube;mSb5BYGxCpY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSb5BYGxCpY&t=308s[/video]

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Agreed. Too bad the morons at Glock, who seem to have the market cornered on size/capacity ratio blew it on the 43. Idk man...it's a company that seems very out of touch at times. I broke down a few weeks back and bought a P320 X series VTAC. It's an amazing firearm. Sig is beating the shit out of Glock at the moment.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
It sucks that the low quality SCCY is a 10+1 and smaller than the 43.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It sucks that the low quality SCCY is a 10+1 and smaller than the 43.
Depends on what you mean by smaller because Ive owned both and its defitinely not as thin as a 43. Havent seen the new Sig in person but ive seen enough side by side comparison videos to know its defitinely thinner then the Sccy. I believe its 1.06 inches wide and thats over the controls, not measured on the narrowest point on the gun like alot of companies do that misleads folks and leads to comments where people say the new sig is the same size as their 26, thats just crazy, the thing is tiny. Weve never seen anything like it before. So if there are no bugs what Sig has here is a significantly smaller, much higher quality sccy that comes with night sights and more importantly a trigger thats about 20x more shootable. Ive read its easier to control recoil-wise then most small 9s as well.. im excited.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
The SCCY is accurate, yet a real handful. Galloway Precision has gear to help out with the trigger travel and pull. Just buying a more durable gun would be a better idea as mine has been back to the factory twice. Last time out was Christmas. I wanted my nephew to try it as he is very limited on his handgun budget. I don't shoot it very often as the extractor pin came out. Trigger mechanism died, frame pins were walking too.

Glock could have built a smaller 9mm double stack VS the 43.

https://gallowayprecision.com/sccy/cpx-2/

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have only found a few guys online who have put serious rounds through this gun with mixed results. One was 100% perfect through 500 rounds and the other was failing to return to battery left and right. To wait or not? Right now availability is making the decision for me.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Give it a year. Shades of the G42..........

·
Registered
20 Posts
I like my glock and Hk for ccw
Only a few hiccups from both with weak ammo. Been fixed with better ammo. 124 & 147.
Otherwise only 4-5 FT’s in well over 9K rounds combined from both pistols.
I love the LEM Hk trigger. Reset is a bit longer, but it is super smooth.
Thinking about selling the glock, as the trigger makes me nervous when drawing from concealment.
With the hammer on the Hk I can thumb it during holstering and drawing.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Thinking about selling the glock, as the trigger makes me nervous when drawing from concealment.
Then you might be training wrong. The problem of some shooters, especially drawing from a BlackHawk Serpa is their finger is there pushing the keeper paddle. Then they just put it into the trigger guard. Train not to put your finger in there. Practice with a snap cap with slow repetition. Then increase your speed.

Pistolero may chime in with a better method as I don't know shit. Welcome to the site!!

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Can you explain why your wife has a black eye? Just kidding. It just looks like it to me. ;)

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
study the photo............ let me know what you think :)
Your baby punched her? Even when I put it on my flat screen TV it looks the same......:confused: I don't know how to blow it up.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Give it a year. Shades of the G42..........
Military Arms Channel has at least 2 videos out on the 365. The firing pins/striker are metal injection molded. They break! There is already an aftermarket replacement out there. They drag across the primer during the ejection process. Sometimes even marring the shell casing. He has bought 2 of these pistols now. Sig is fixing some of the problems. They still are having the firing pin issue. People that know more than I do have explained the firing pin drag science. The dealers can't keep them in stock due to the Sig name just like the G42 when it first came out and was plagued with multiple maladies. Glock finally fixed them. Sig is in denial on lots of shit.

My brother told me FHP is going to the full sized Sig for duty weapons. I think these are the same models the NJSP is suing Sig over......................

1 - 20 of 20 Posts