Glock Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my glock19 gen3 (USA) it came with 2 magazines both with +2 extensions. I'm trying to convert 1 of my magazine to use a flat floor plate but unfortunately it is hard to find the magazine insert for that kind of plate here in the Philippines.

Has anyone tried using the "insert" of +2 extension with a flat floor plate?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
not really sure what your asking, but i think your asking can you extend the capacity with an original flat floor plate. answer is no, you would have to buy a bigger mag.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry, to clarify what I mean....

My magazine came with the bellow as default
pgroup_7153_image_115x115__shadow.jpg

and I want to replace with
images.jpg

but problem is I dont have
imagesCACZIJZ2.jpg

can i just use the insert from the first image?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
use the regular glock flat floor plate if you don't have contact glock in smyrna georgia they will send you one and i am sure there only a couple of bucks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im kinda stubborn and cant wait to try my flat floor plate with the +2 insert as also suggested by the dealer that they used to do this because of hard to find inserts here in Philippines.

Some of my findings:
1. Can remove the +2 floor plate with just 2 hands, no need to insert kinda screwdriver in the hole.
2. magazine original capacity from 17 can now only hold 12 because of the +2 insert with flat floor plate.
3. Initial testing with repeatedly cocking the gun shows the new magazine is still feeding flawlessly.

Yet to try the magazine in actual firing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts