Glock Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Just order my Gen -4: G-21 from Cabela's ,
Plan on using it for home defense and range , that being said could this gun be CCW?
How many CCW the G-21 and what are your feelings about the Gen 4: G-21 ?...
Thanks ,
Alex

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
you will no doubt get a lot of different opinions on this, mine is home, range ok, ccw too big and bulky. practice with it and i think you will come to the same conclusion.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 1jimmy,
After CCW-ing a 42 oz plus all steel TRP for years , the Gen4: G-21 coming in at around 38.28 oz fully loaded (13), makes this beast ( G-21) from Glock somewhat attractive , anyway you may well have a very good point , I'll let you know after I CCW it awhile...

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I CCW my G21SF RTF2 during the cooler months when wearing a covering garment. It is probably my favorite Glock.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
texcowboy , kinder thinking along the same lines and using the Gen4: G-30 & G-36 when available for rotation for anything warmer .Thanks ...

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
texcowboy , kinder thinking along the same lines and using the Gen4: G-30 & G-36 when available for rotation for anything warmer .Thanks ...
That is what I do Alex, i rotate my G33, G36 and G29SF during the warm months here in Texas using a Versacarry in the appendix position under an untucked shirt. In the cooler months I have a varietyof behind the hip holsters for my G20SF, G21SF and G33.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"Yup"
That sounds like a plan,thanks texcowboy ...

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've concealed heavier guns (revolvers) but the largest Glock I've carried concealed was my duty issue 17. I did it with a OWB holster canted as far forward as possible. I'm a small framed person also. I had a friend that carried a 21 concealed with the right holster and oversized t-shirts made it all but disappear IWB.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I forgot to mention that if I am wearing a heavy jacket such as my leather biker jacket I carry one of my full size Glocks in a Galco Jackass Shoulder rig. I always carry the largest handgun I can conceal.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mdbullet223 ,
Hows the weight feel to you ?
Thanks..

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jbglock ,i'm thinking OWB don't want to spend on new pants... "lol"

·
Registered
290 Posts
With a jacket it should not be an issue.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mdbullet223 , thanks looking forward to it...:)

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
G21 is the largest frame pistol Glock makes, and was not designed for CCW. In a winter with a jacket on you can get away with it, but G30 or 36 (if you want a .45) would be a much better choice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts