Glock Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I want to have the slide color on my Glock changed to match the color that Glock has manufactured in limited runs. It's sort of a matte silver color. Anyone had that done aftermarket at a local gun shop? Is it simply a change in duracoat color... trying to get an idea of cost range to have that done. I think that contrast in finish is pretty slick.

Thanks,

carter- VA

·
Registered
53 Posts
I hear durakote works well considering how cheap it is. Look into carakote also it's the same deal but it's baked on and I hear it lasts longer.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Greetings,

I want to have the slide color on my Glock changed to match the color that Glock has manufactured in limited runs. It's sort of a matte silver color. Anyone had that done aftermarket at a local gun shop? Is it simply a change in duracoat color... trying to get an idea of cost range to have that done. I think that contrast in finish is pretty slick.

Thanks,

carter- VA
Welcome aboard...I too like colored slides...as long as they're black, lol...Good luck with the project...show us some pics when it's done...

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, I like my slides Black also.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
It has to be an epoxy paint like Dura-coat or some other brands. It has to be cleaned with an acetone so there is no trace of oil and the paint will stick better

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome aboard...I too like colored slides...as long as they're black, lol...Good luck with the project...show us some pics when it's done...
I am with you, but I do enjoy seeing what others do to their Glocks. I look forward to seeing pictures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts