Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok as the title reads lets start a topic about cleaning products used and pros cons good and bad. I'm looking at a Hoppe's, Kleenbore or Otis kit for my G23 Gen 4. Any thoughts or suggestions?

[SUB](Yes I'm aware a lot of guys feel glocks don't needs cleaned often and so on However I'd like to keep mine as close to new as I can) [/SUB]

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
What...? you clean your Glock...?...Just kidding..me too!!! We recently talked about this issue. I use Hoppes for cleaning the crud in the barrel, and BreakFree CLP for a lube on the barrel on the other metal parts...I've found those to be all I need to maintain my weapons hygiene...lol... :D

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Hoppes #9 down the barrel.
Breakfree CLP just about everywhere
Breakfree LP 3-2-1 lube
Done.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I bought a can of "Gun Scrubber" a bottle of "Rem Oil" and a "Kleenbore Classic Kit" - any thoughts? Automotive lighting Cosmetics Tool Office supplies Packaging and labeling Liquid Fluid Bottle Bottle cap Plastic bottle Liquid Plant Fluid Cosmetics Paint

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I've always used Breakfree straight up no chasers, swabs and a bore brush. I suppose that if I had an extremely dirty F/A I might use something more harsh but from being in the military and an LEO I got into the habit of cleaning my weapons when I am done firing them so they don't get all that dirty.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've always used Breakfree straight up no chasers, swabs and a bore brush. I suppose that if I had an extremely dirty F/A I might use something more harsh but from being in the military and an LEO I got into the habit of cleaning my weapons when I am done firing them so they don't get all that dirty.
+1 :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Froglube is pretty awesome. I use it and love it!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hopps in the pipe. CLP for everything else. Then I use Smooth Kote grafite dry gun lube. I like the dry lube it keeps the dirt & carbon out while giving the gun a smooth action.

·
Registered
126 Posts
is it holding up well? Does just a wipe down work to clean the weapon like the ads say? I had looked at this last year but I couldn't find anyone with hands on experience
ZK, this stuff works better than anything ive ever used. I do still use hoppes in the barrel just because I like the way it smells in the morning.

I was skeptical at first. I ran 250 rounds through the gun, let it sit for a few days and all the dirt that I'd usually have to use a nylon brush for just wiped right off with little to no effort.

Reactions: Jtk07

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I have used CLP Breakfree for many years on all my guns. Cleans and lubricates.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I may have to buy a container of it. The reviews were good and they had some good named sponsors if I remember correctly but I never knew anyone who used it.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Hopps in the pipe. CLP for everything else. Then I use Smooth Kote grafite dry gun lube. I like the dry lube it keeps the dirt & carbon out while giving the gun a smooth action.
I'll have to give it a try... I'm happy with my cleaning stuff, but I've been looking for something for slides/rails, without attracting dust, etc...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ill pick some up and also try it

·
Registered
655 Posts
CLP, Hoppes, and Wilson Combat Oil. That is the current cleaning supplies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive tried lots of stuff on diferent guns but I've reverted to using good old Singer sewing machine oil. Mother and Grandmother weren't wrong. Just keep it in a good holster!

·
Registered
10 Posts
CLP or Ballistol and a bore snake for the barrel. Dry wipe everything else down and very light oil. 1, 2 and 3 drops of oil appropriately per glock.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
It varies for me, sometimes I use Hoppes and sometimes CLP. When I use the hoppes oil. I use the 3-2-1 method which can be found on you tube. 3 drops for the slide, 2 for the barrel and 1 in the frame. The Videos show how to do it. Everyone seems to have their own methods, can't really say any are wrong.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Ive tried lots of stuff on diferent guns but I've reverted to using good old Singer sewing machine oil. Mother and Grandmother weren't wrong. Just keep it in a good holster!
Welcome aboard...Not sure about the sewing machine oil..Might be good for lubrication..Not doubting you, but not sure it can beat Hoppes for cleaning, and CLP for all-round clean/lube...

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
CLP or Ballistol and a bore snake for the barrel. Dry wipe everything else down and very light oil. 1, 2 and 3 drops of oil appropriately per glock.
What he said!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts