Glock Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don’t want anyone to think that I’m against concealed carry, I am not. There are those who must conceal the fact they are carrying a gun, just as much as they may need to hide who they really are.

If there are unknown persons on my land and they have not seen it necessary to come to my house and inform me of their intentions. I will go out to greet them with my handgun on my side. I feel this is a strong statement of protesting their disrespect.

In other words it is what kind of dog you have in the fight. Do you need to conceal your weapon, because of what you do where you live?

So what kind of dog have in the fight,and what is the most dangerist a Rottweiler or a Chihuahua? Keeping in mind my answer to this question was a 140lb Chihuahua!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Not sure I understand your post. On your own land, of course you have the right to open carry. However, in most States you cannot open carry in public, here in Texas that is the law unless you are on property 'under your control'. Just because a person is carrying concealed and obeying the law does not mean they are hiding "who they really are".

The remainder of your post about the Chiuahua and the Rottweiler leaves me completly confused.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
If there are unknown persons on my land and they have not seen it necessary to come to my house and inform me of their intentions. I will go out to greet them with my handgun on my side. I feel this is a strong statement of protesting their disrespect.
some of your post lost me so I will answer this part; it counts to your state laws but most states you CAN"T shoot a trespasser and in some states you can only shoot if they are stealing or doing criminal mischief so you need to understand YOUR laws before YOU get arrested for defending your home

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I don’t want anyone to think that I’m against concealed carry, I am not. There are those who must conceal the fact they are carrying a gun, just as much as they may need to hide who they really are.

In other words it is what kind of dog you have in the fight. Do you need to conceal your weapon, because of what you do where you live?

So what kind of dog have in the fight,and what is the most dangerist a Rottweiler or a Chihuahua? Keeping in mind my answer to this question was a 140lb Chihuahua!:rolleyes:
What is the focus of the handgun on your side...to show your disapproval of their disrespect, or to be prepared to defend yourself...?
The dog in the fight is what's in your heart...I don't always feel the need to say "I have a gun"...I prefer the element of surprise...If you feel threatened, then call the authorities first, and present yourself in whatever manner you feel would be appropriate at that moment...You have a right to "defend" yourself..

·
Registered
960 Posts
Agree with texcowboy completely. Around your house and on your land. You can cowboy carry or whatever way you want to carry. In public, I conceal to the max. No one needs to know you are carrying a pistol until needed. Another thing to remember, if you do shoot somebody, make sure it is 100% justified because lawyers that don't like folks that carry will try to eat you up in court!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts