36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions?
Best bang for buck or most comfortable?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
The selection is tremendous and is very subjective depending on the weapon, your build, the climate, etc. I use differant holsters depending on what Glock I am carrying and my clothing. For summer I would reccomend the VersaCarry How it Works, then there are IWB, OWB and Shoulder holsters. If you are like me you will wind up with a box full of holsters purchased thru the years.

I wish I could say what would work best for you but part of the fun is trying differant methods and brands. I am sure you will hear suggestions as to what works for members of the Forum.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Any suggestions?
Best bang for buck or most comfortable?
Thanks in advance.
Ron, If you have a Bass Pro Shops near you, believe it or not, Redhead makes a great line of concealment holsters. I use one for my Glock 23 and bought another for my Ruger SR22. Don't really know why I got one for the Ruger because I never really carry that one but for the price, can't beat them. If you aren't sure about the size, you can open them in the store and try different sizes. Uncle Mikes also makes some reasonable priced holsters too. I have a couple of theirs. I carry my 23 IWB, small of the back and it stays concealed, of course with the proper clothing. Good luck!

·
Registered
960 Posts
I saw in your other posts that you were looking at lasers. Did you make a decision on buying one. If so, which one? I thought about it for my 23 but decided that the less hanging off of it, the better to conceal. Night sights are a great alternative. and much cheaper!

·
Registered
960 Posts
That's a nice one. Doesn't look like it would get in the way of concealment. Do you have your 23 yet?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Oh yeah... same one you have Glock 23 Gen 4

http://www.glockforum.net/forum/glock-range-reports/143-glock23-range-report.html

Almost bought a Sig Sauer before I bought the Glock. But the Sig cost almost $1000 and
I got the Glock for $400 Kind of a no-brainer at that point. I don't regret it... I really like
my Glock.
I have a local shop here that caters to military and LEO. I can buy any Glock, brand new, $450 out the door. Nice deal for sure. Yea, I agree. Why spend the extra money when a Glock will do the job just fine.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a local shop here that caters to military and LEO. I can buy any Glock, brand new, $450 out the door. Nice deal for sure. Yea, I agree. Why spend the extra money when a Glock will do the job just fine.
Yeah same here... Gun & Pawn shop in Ft. Walton caters to Military and LEO and that's where I bought my 23.
I think it was like $419 plus tax, if I remember correctly? Can't beat that!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Carry Glock 23 and use Fobus paddle holster. Tried a couple others including an inside the pants and this is the one I like best so far.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hate the name Love the holster "The Betty" least obtrusive most adjustable one I've ever used,I had the DeSantis, from Amazon and returned it,I also like a Crossbreed or hidden ally, Jmo. Good luck

·
Registered
337 Posts
I just bought a Hidden Hybrid Holster. I will let you know how it works out once I receive it. Its gotten great reviews and it doubles as an OWB also

1 - 20 of 21 Posts