Glock Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
211 Posts
You should only need an aftermarket conversion barrel (an OEM barrel does not fit correctly) and some 9mm magazines.

There are a number of conversion barrel mfgs, Lone Wolf is one that’s well known AlphaWolf Conversion Barrel for Glock 23/32 | 40 S&W to 9mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tnronin

·
Registered
902 Posts
Something To Keep In Mind: Personally, I would not use a Glock pistol with a conversion barrel for EDC, or self-defense. If all you are doing is playing at the range then fine. Off-center primer strikes, and feeding or ejection problems are really no big deal.

(Next time you ask a question like this it would be helpful if you told us what generation Glock pistol you are asking about, OK!)

Reactions: MisterMills357

·
Super Moderator
211 Posts
Something To Keep In Mind: Personally, I would not use a Glock pistol with a conversion barrel for EDC, or self-defense. If all you are doing is playing at the range then fine. Off-center primer strikes, and feeding or ejection problems are really no big deal.

(Next time you ask a question like this it would be helpful if you told us what generation Glock pistol you are asking about, OK!)
Generation is in the title - I missed it too at first.

I have to say that I agree with Pistolero. I would not use a converted gun for anything but fun/practice.

Most convert fine without issue but if you have one that’s a little off, it’s hard to make it right without just building a 9mm on the .40 frame. At that point you might as well have bought a used G19.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Generation is in the title - I missed it too at first.

I have to say that I agree with Pistolero. I would not use a converted gun for anything but fun/practice.

Most convert fine without issue but if you have one that’s a little off, it’s hard to make it right without just building a 9mm on the .40 frame. At that point you might as well have bought a used G19.

in Massachusetts you can not buy Glock unless it is 2 gen. I will go on range only

·
Registered
902 Posts
OK, now that I've re:read the title I do, indeed, see that this G23 is a 2nd generation Glock. Now all that needs to be checked is the first three letters of the pistol's serial number. (Lower letters mean an earlier manufacture date.)

Specifically, check the ejector. If the number is '4340' then it's one of the early short ejectors, and will need to be replaced with a later manufactured number '1882' ejector.

Run a couple of hundred rounds through the pistol and see if anything else, like a 9x19mm extractor, is needed. (If you really know your Glocks then you'll understand that the SLB might be worth changing BEFORE you do anything else with the extractor.)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, now that I've re:read the title I do, indeed, see that this G23 is a 2nd generation Glock. Now all that needs to be checked is the first three letters of the pistol's serial number. (Lower letters mean an earlier manufacture date.)

Specifically, check the ejector. If the number is '4340' then it's one of the early short ejectors, and will need to be replaced with a later manufactured number '1882' ejector.

Run a couple of hundred rounds through the pistol and see if anything else, like a 9x19mm extractor, is needed. (If you really know your Glocks then you'll understand that the SLB might be worth changing BEFORE you do anything else with the extractor.)
Thank you for help. If I change ejector do I need changing all time if I go back .40 caliber? If no can you suggest website to buy.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I do not have an armorer's manual; so I can't really answer this question 'by the book'. All I can tell you is that Glock 9x19mm, and 40 S&W caliber ejectors are NOT the same. You do not need to buy a complete THU, though. A Glock ejector can be pushed out from the back of the Trigger Housing Unit, and a new one can be inserted from the front. It's an easy swap!

You're just going to have to experiment in order to see what works. I know many 40 S&W caliber ejectors will work in 9x19mm Glocks. Whether or not the reverse is true, however, I do not know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do not have an armorer's manual; so I can't really answer this question 'by the book'. All I can tell you is that Glock 9x19mm, and 40 S&W caliber ejectors are NOT the same. You do not need to buy a complete THU, though. A Glock ejector can be pushed out from the back of the Trigger Housing Unit, and a new one can be inserted from the front. It's an easy swap!

You're just going to have to experiment in order to see what works. I know many 40 S&W caliber ejectors will work in 9x19mm Glocks. Whether or not the reverse is true, however, I do not know.
Thank you for help

·
Registered
9 Posts
I converted a Gen 4 g27 to 9 mm with a conversion barrel. My sample has been 100% with no other changes besides the barrel and the magazines. I suggest that you shoot your sample to make sure it's functioning. If it's just a range gun, then you can use the conversion barrel without changing ejectors or extractor. It's designed to work that way. Of course you need the magazines. Fairly sure and operator operating operationally is going to tell me I'm wrong. I will say on the front end, my sample again has been 100%.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
I have a couple of Glocks and couple of rifles
30 Posts
I converted a Gen 4 g27 to 9 mm with a conversion barrel. My sample has been 100% with no other changes besides the barrel and the magazines. I suggest that you shoot your sample to make sure it's functioning. If it's just a range gun, then you can use the conversion barrel without changing ejectors or extractor. It's designed to work that way. Of course you need the magazines. Fairly sure and operator operating operationally is going to tell me I'm wrong. I will say on the front end, my sample again has been 100%.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk
I carry my first gen 10 mm under my arm on a shoulder holster with my 43 9 mm on my hip. The nine will take care of any normal person the10 is for the person that is suoped up on some of the crap these people take nowadays.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts