Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Glock 34 which I love. I am thinking about another Glock since I shoot several different matches. I considered a 17, a 19, and even another 34. I thought I had heard that with just another barrell (which I have) and 9mm mags I could turn a 35 into a 34. The idea is that by buying a 35 I would have a complete other gun, and maybe a IPPSC major gun if I start shoot that, while having a gun I could semi-permanent mount a red dot. Long story a little shorter....can I convert a 35 to a 34 with only a barrell and mags?

62with34

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
You can shoot 9mm from a G35 with a conversion barrel & 9mm magazines. Lone Wolf sells 3 different types of barrels for this very purpose.

It won't be a "G34" as there are other differences, but it should function OK.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I have plenty of 9mm mags so that wouldn't be an issue. The gun would probably spend 70% of its time as a 9mm, but it would be nice to have the option of having a .40 if I needed one.

62with34

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thanks guys. I have plenty of 9mm mags so that wouldn't be an issue. The gun would probably spend 70% of its time as a 9mm, but it would be nice to have the option of having a .40 if I needed one.

62with34
That is the beauty of a 40 cal Glock. Not only can it be converted easily to 9mm but actually works as good as a Glock that started out as a 9mm IMO. My off duty is a 23C. My on duty would be a 22C with a 9mm conversion barrel but I already know it wouldn't be approved that way (even though it is 100% reliable) so instead I use a 17C.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
you can't go up in cal. just down for a number of reasons

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. At a gun show this week-end I took the opportunity to talk to two Glock armorers about the issue. They both said that the 40 cal. Glocks use a different extractor than the 9mm. guns. I waited to buy a 40 cal (either a 35 or a 22 or 23) until I checked it out with more people. I already have a Storm Lake barrell but didn't know if I needed a specific "conversion" barrell. The real bargain would probably be a 22 (possible police trade) and install the longer Storm Lake barrell when I wanted to use 9mm. Opinions?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
At a gun show this week-end I took the opportunity to talk to two Glock armorers about the issue. They both said that the 40 cal. Glocks use a different extractor than the 9mm.
if there is a difference it is in dimension but the rims thicknesses are all the same

GlockParts.com - Search Results

1 - 10 of 10 Posts