Glock Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now that cooler weather is here I can start carrying my full size Glocks also. Now the G31, G20SF and the G21SF RTF2 are coming out of the safe to be carried with a covering garment. The Compact and Sub-Compacts may still be carried every now and then, but I believe in carrying the largest weapon you are able to concel.

Do others on the Forum do this also or do you have one favorite that you CCW no matter the weather?

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Have my favorites... in the cooler weather, I have more options for type of carry, as with more clothing, easier to conceal...:D

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have already gotten used to my 36. It's almost like it isn't there. Carry an extra magazine also. I'm thinking this will be my carry gun all of the time. Plus, I don't have a selection like tex has!! :) And now that I got my .45 fever under control, I would love to fire a .357 and see how I like it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Got one of those in my crosshairs, too...
Been a long time since I fired that round. I'm thinking the .357 and 10mm would both be lots of fun!! :D

·
Registered
960 Posts
When I was getting my sight installed, a young man came in an asked to see an XD------, I said "S", he said yes, that's it! They don't have them out for everyone to see because they are in demand in these parts. !:)

·
Registered
960 Posts
When he opened the box, instantly there were about 3 people looking at it. I have to say, Springfield got it right with everything you need in one box! It's almost like you get cool accessories you need, right out of the case!!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Now that cooler weather is here I can start carrying my full size Glocks also. Now the G31, G20SF and the G21SF RTF2 are coming out of the safe to be carried with a covering garment. The Compact and Sub-Compacts may still be carried every now and then, but I believe in carrying the largest weapon you are able to concel.

Do others on the Forum do this also or do you have one favorite that you CCW no matter the meather?
Also with the colder weather and more clothes, I'll stay in the larger calibers, for sure...BG's wear more clothes, too... :p

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm putting away my XD-S and picking up my new gen 4 G27 tomorrow. It will be my new CC ..... You can't beat the reliability of a G plus the 9+1 capacity over the 5+1 XD-S
Can't wait until lunch time tomorrow to go pick it up.

·
Registered
960 Posts
The 27 is awesome! Don't know of a Glock that isn't!! :D

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I'm putting away my XD-S and picking up my new gen 4 G27 tomorrow. It will be my new CC ..... You can't beat the reliability of a G plus the 9+1 capacity over the 5+1 XD-S
Can't wait until lunch time tomorrow to go pick it up. "

Congrats on the G27...Wouldn't argue with the reliability of Glock...That's why I've owned 'em and carried 'em since the G17 came into country in '86... However, I don't feel undergunned with 6 rds of .45 and a spare mag...In the winter the XD-S will probably back up a larger Glock...In the warmer months, the XD-S is untouchable for what it does in it size class in power and concealability...

·
Registered
44 Posts
For me and my experience level (rookie) I feel the glock is a better choice for now. That may change in the future with more XD-S time at the range.
The G23 I have now has convinced me to go get a G27 for my CC ... The rest will work itself out in time spent at the range :)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
That's wisdom...Go with what feels right...And what you shoot better. I'm sure you'll like the 27...I love my G23, and depending on where I'm going, I grab it a lot of times...Soon to be replaced with a G32, G30SF...Man, they're all great...I love the smaller platform pistols that launch big bullets...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
g27 is my cARRY ALL THE TIME IT NEVER CHANGES. I NEVER WANT TO THINK ABOUT WHAT I AM CARRYING IN A SERIOUS SITUATION JUST PULL AND SHOOT.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'lll carry the same either weather. I can wear a covering garment when it's cold but once I get inside a lot of places I'm removing the covering garment also. Plus I'm already concealing a compact (23C). The only thing I do different is carry two guns sometimes if I know I'm staying outdoors. The 23C plus either a Uberti Cattleman in 45lc or a Ruger New Vaquero in 45acp.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
g27 is my cARRY ALL THE TIME IT NEVER CHANGES. I NEVER WANT TO THINK ABOUT WHAT I AM CARRYING IN A SERIOUS SITUATION JUST PULL AND SHOOT.
That is one of the reasons I like Glocks, the same operating platform no matter the caliber.

Reactions: 1jimmy

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

Do others on the Forum do this also or do you have one favorite that you CCW no matter the weather?
I will carry OBW more often because of the jackets & coats. I'll also carry the compacts more for the same reason.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.