Glock Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Great...just great......that's really sad. Just goes to show that we can't take for granted that L.E.'s know what they're doing, or that they will always follow protocol...:(

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
As one who has executed a search warrant at the wrong residence in the past which only resulted in a broken door, I can tell you with the death of an innocent this county will pay dearly. Fortunately we only had to replace the door. I can tell you however, that after my mistake I never wrote another search warrant without physically driving by the residence in question and attaching a picture with the warrant.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I have answered the door armed many times when I am not expecting anyone, but always with the weapon concealed. If the weapon was pointed toward the LEO in my opinion he was correct in firing, if it was just held toward the ground, then a warning to drop it and the announcement that they were Police, if not dropped then firing. It is easy to monday morning quarterback, better to know all the details.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I have answered the door armed many times when I am not expecting anyone, but always with the weapon concealed. If the weapon was pointed toward the LEO in my opinion he was correct in firing, if it was just held toward the ground, then a warning to drop it and the announcement that they were Police, if not dropped then firing. It is easy to monday morning quarterback, better to know all the details.
You're absolutely right...!!!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
100% on the money! leo for 30+ years retired!

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Ditto...I always answer the door (when the individual is unknown) with a concealed handgun...and I don't open the outerdoor at all!

Still...sad that this situation occurred.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Never answer a door if you can't verify who is there. Scary world.

Unfortunately, some mistakes were made by both sides, but I'd say the LEOs in general reacted as they were trained to do if they saw a gun pointed at them. We don't even know who directed the cops to the wrong house. Clerical error?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts