Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please excuse any ignorance on my part as i'm new to glocks, and normally don't customize my guns that much. I found a website that has different mag floor plates and slide covers. My question is this... Is there a risk with "rockyourglock" parts being crappy? I'd like to customize my 26 a little, but i don't want to buy the glock equivalent of tapco and screw up my carry weapon. Is there a brand(s) for glock parts that i should avoid? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
For maximum reliability, stick with stock parts. That's the official line and I'm toeing it :)

Edit: just re-read your post and saw you said it was your carry piece. Definitely keep it stock. It's fine to replace the stock sights (mine has XS Big Dots), but I'd advise against "cusotmizing" any other parts on it.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I have to disagree with others; aftermarket parts are fine if you stick with reliable mfg.’s. There is only so much you can do with Glocks but from what I read and have done to my own I haven't had any problems yet. One thing is stay away after market mags; they are cheap and the steel is to flexible

·
Registered
241 Posts
I will only say that a slide plate either effects function or doesn't. Make sure it doesn't slide off (locks in place when you install it). Magazine floor plates after they are installed I suggest you take a fully loaded mag and throw it on the carpet a few time to make sure it will never come off (if you aren't sure). I'm not big into cosmetic stuff but if you are then nothing wrong with that. If you have a buddy that is an armorer to install these good. If not I really suggest you get these also...
GTUL Magazine Tool 9MM, .357SIG, 40S&W and .45GAP - Glock parts, accessories, and custom Glock refinishing at Rockyourglock Store
Glock Disassembly Tool - Glock parts, accessories, and custom Glock refinishing at Rockyourglock Store
and find a video or online armorers manual to show you how.

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I change sights and have a 3.5# connector installed and a grip plug, all of which I consider functional improvements. I dont want/need cosmetic changes to a 'Tool' gun.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I change sights and have a 3.5# connector installed and a grip plug, all of which I consider functional improvements. I dont want/need cosmetic changes to a 'Tool' gun.
Your right about grip plugs , I like them and they are functional in my opinion , too bad none are available for the Gen4 .45 ACP or 10 mm yet ....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll probably be changing the sights, but that may be about it.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
There are a lot of Glock owners that have done things to their guns but there is so much you can do with aftermarket parts. changing out the trigger with a different one or stippling the texture or even having the grips changed are some of the things that people do and I have seen very little malfunctions if it’s done right. Lots of people have done trigger jobs including myself; Some have even altered their slides.

[video=youtube;i4Iz0TXmmvU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Iz0TXmmvU[/video]

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Ninja Glocks? Is that what mall ninjas carry? lol
I never knew where all that started from and then someone filled me in.... gecko45 mall ninja... the original mall Ninja

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've decided to do night sights soon. Keeping the stock trigger pull since i'm not a wuss and can pull the stock trigger. ;) i do have a issue with the mag release.... Maybe i am a wuss? It jjust seems too small and awkward to release and i've thought about changing it for a bigger one. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
that's the beauty of Glock...make it what you want it to be...as much, or as little...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think i made it 2 mins in before i had to pause from laughing! Lol nice vid tho! Is that the new bond edition glock?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've decided to do night sights soon. Keeping the stock trigger pull since i'm not a wuss and can pull the stock trigger. ;) i do have a issue with the mag release.... Maybe i am a wuss? It jjust seems too small and awkward to release and i've thought about changing it for a bigger one. Any suggestions?
Vickers tactical or Glock extended. The Glock extended is pretty cheap but I found it a bit longer than I wanted. Vickers is in between the two.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
You have to be comfortable and feel like you can reload efficiently. If not then I say replace it. There are several out there they vary in price but they all seem to be a great addition.There is the Vickers like jbglock mentioned, Glockworx, JP Enterprises and Lone Wolf

1 - 20 of 32 Posts