Glock Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was replacing the trigger on my block 23. During the replacement I accidentally snapped the bottom corner off of the trigger housing. The part that I am referencing is the bottom pointy part which sets into the pistol grip. I am thinking the only functionality this part served was to hold the trigger housing in place in relation to the rear trigger pin on the pistol grip. Since there is still one corner in place to retain the trigger pin do I have anything to be worried about?

You can see an example of what I am talking about here:
Glock Trigger Housing (Gen 4) 9mm - Glock parts, accessories, and custom Glock refinishing at Rockyourglock Store

·
Registered
43 Posts
Broke is broke. I would order a new trigger housing. Its a pretty cheap part to replace.
As long as the pin will retain the trigger housing in reciever securely, it should still work. BUT there will always be a chance of a failure and the more you use it the greater the chance of it failing. Posibly causing even more damage.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Broke is broke. I would order a new trigger housing. Its a pretty cheap part to replace.
As long as the pin will retain the trigger housing in reciever securely, it should still work. BUT there will always be a chance of a failure and the more you use it the greater the chance of it failing. Posibly causing even more damage.
What he said.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
What he said...^^^...And we all know about Mr. Murphy's timing...Go ahead and fix it...No doubts, no worries, no fears...!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! I ordered a new trigger housing (and spring just in case). Fairly cheap and it's nice to have peace of mind. I'm still considering firing in the meantime (it's fathers day after all)!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.