Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really hope colorado has the death penalty! this is the society we live in when we cant go to a late movie with out having to worry about a mass shooting. my wife usually asks "is it really neccesary for u to carry everywhere we go" this morning she woke me up in tears to tell me what happened in colorado, and said dont ever leave ur gun at home again, u just never know. im just curious was no one armed? im not saying someone armed would have been able to kill him because of what he was wearing but fire back at least and slow him down maybe he would have ran out and the fatalities would have been less. either way i hope he rots in hell!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
even if they do this guy is going to live another 20 years easy its a shame how the law is my thinking is hang the sucker within 2 days like the old west there isnt a shadow dought he did it so kill him simple

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
In the old days...if someone was caught 'red-handed' rebranding cattle or riding another man's horse...he was simply hung from the nearest tree as it was typically too far to waste time getting the sheriff and allowing the courts to get involved! However, even that was not enough to keep those individuals from choosing to live that lifestyle!

Reponding to the post, even when wearing body armor, depending on type and level of protection...a good .45 will still break a rib, knocking the wind out of an individual...allowing 30-60 seconds of time in which to 'evade and escape' or 'overpower and subdue' an individual.

·
Registered
70 Posts
he was caught red handed take him to the town square tied to a pole let the families of the people who he killed and mamed do justice on this individual instead of the long prison time hes going to be facing thats my idea

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Prayers up for those involved, and their families...senseless

·
Registered
316 Posts
Here in Sioux Falls all the movie theatres have signs saying " NO GUNS ALLOWED " I always have atleast 2 guns with me at all times. My G-21 wich is sometimes left in the car and my LCP wich is always in my right front pocket. When we go to the movies I lock the G-21 in the trunk, but I always take the LCP in with us. I just think now a days it really dont matter where you go, YOU need to carry. There are WAY too many nut jobs out there. On one of my gun boards I visit on line, I cant remember wich one but one of the members had on his signature line " When seconds count, police are only minutes away " I take that to heart. I only wish I could get my wife to carry more often!!! God bless to family and friends who had to go thru this. Dave

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Here in Sioux Falls all the movie theatres have signs saying " NO GUNS ALLOWED " I always have atleast 2 guns with me at all times. My G-21 wich is sometimes left in the car and my LCP wich is always in my right front pocket. When we go to the movies I lock the G-21 in the trunk, but I always take the LCP in with us. I just think now a days it really dont matter where you go, YOU need to carry. There are WAY too many nut jobs out there. On one of my gun boards I visit on line, I cant remember wich one but one of the members had on his signature line " When seconds count, police are only minutes away " I take that to heart. I only wish I could get my wife to carry more often!!! God bless to family and friends who had to go thru this. Dave
We think alike...my LCP (if not another pistol as well) is always with me, unless I'm on a military installation. We went to the theater the other night, me and the wife and daughter...I was feeling for a moment like I had over-done it, with the LCP and a .45...After last night, I don't think I'll feel that way...When I go out to eat, I want to be with my back to a wall, where I can see the door...too much Army time, I suppose...sick society we live in...can't be too careful.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

i also carry in the theatre actually anywhere , most times i carry my g19 unless the clothes are to tight in that case i have my taurus tcp 380. even though the 380 probably wouldnt have done much in this case, my motto is a little gun is better than no gun

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I'm sure 'No Gun' signs are going up all over the country today at movie theaters. Not that they would have helped. Then you have bozos on TV saying that the theater could be held liable for the massacre. Then this from ABC first thing this morning
On Friday morning, ABC News Chief Investigative Correspondent Brian Ross suggested that James Holmes, 52, a member of the group, could be the shooter.

"There's a Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado, page on the Colorado Tea party site as well, talking about him joining the Tea Party last year," Ross said on 'Good Morning America.' "Now, we don't know if this is the same Jim Holmes. But it's Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado."
There is no excuse for the ignorance of the media these days. There have always been evil people in this world and there always will be. We just need to ensure that we limit the damage that these nut jobs do. When you take the tools to do that from the responsible population then you have bigger problem.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Good people need to realize that owning a handgun (or 7) and carrying a firearm on your person in a responsible fasion does not turn you into a bad person by default. It is a tool, for the preservation of life when in the proper hands.

I feel horrible for that whole community. My heart goes out to those in the actual theater last night. And I feel sorry for anyone who was in the theater that had a handgun sitting at home in they're night stand.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Lived here 15 years, this is at least the second mass murder here! What the hell is it about Colorado that this shit happens here? Maybe time to move to Wyoming!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
it hasn't been a good week for F/A deaths. We had someone do a 'Death by Rental' at one of our area ranges on Wednesday night

[video]http://wtvr.com/2012/07/18/man-dead-of-gunshot-wound-at-shooting-range/#ooid=QxaTNmNTpvYVT_QLwZqphFyHFaQ7Gh6F[/video]

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I know the area where it happened, although not the worst area you can be, I can't believe there was no one in there to shoot back! The mall nearby has it's share of shootings, apparently none of those people could make it last night!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I too wondered about any other theater patron being armed. But, from what I have read, he threw in smoke or tear gas canisters and started shooting and people were running all over. It would have to be an armed patron that was very close to the shooter to be able to stop him without hitting anyone else. Of course this is all conjecture without being there.

I too, never leave the house without one of my Glocks, or if unable to conceal a Glock then my S&W #37 or at least my KelTec 380. 98% of the time it is a Glock.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I agree with that, someone armed would have to be close. And the more I hear, it was a younger crowd, so it's possible many of them were not old enough to own/carry a weapon. It is easy to say what should have been done, but not being there you really don't know if anything could be. Not that it matters at this point, but I would like to know why some parents would bring a 3 month and 4 year old to a midnight movie?
I too wondered about any other theater patron being armed. But, from what I have read, he threw in smoke or tear gas canisters and started shooting and people were running all over. It would have to be an armed patron that was very close to the shooter to be able to stop him without hitting anyone else. Of course this is all conjecture without being there.

I too, never leave the house without one of my Glocks, or if unable to conceal a Glock then my S&W #37 or at least my KelTec 380. 98% of the time it is a Glock.

·
Registered
523 Posts
i really hope colorado has the death penalty! this is the society we live in when we cant go to a late movie with out having to worry about a mass shooting. my wife usually asks "is it really neccesary for u to carry everywhere we go" this morning she woke me up in tears to tell me what happened in colorado, and said dont ever leave ur gun at home again, u just never know. im just curious was no one armed? im not saying someone armed would have been able to kill him because of what he was wearing but fire back at least and slow him down maybe he would have ran out and the fatalities would have been less. either way i hope he rots in hell!!!
Even with a death penalty, it's unlikely someone like this person would ever be executed. It's too easy for his attorney to prove he's insane & we don't execute insane people. It's possible he may not be imprisoned either; he may be institutionalized until a doctor says he's no longer a threat, then he'll be allowed out like John Hinckley - who's allowed unsupervised outings.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Even with a death penalty, it's unlikely someone like this person would ever be executed. It's too easy for his attorney to prove he's insane & we don't execute insane people. It's possible he may not be imprisoned either; he may be institutionalized until a doctor says he's no longer a threat, then he'll be allowed out like John Hinckley - who's allowed unsupervised outings.
Insanity plea almost for sure...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts