·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dicks was having a Black Friday sale on ALL their ammo, buy 1 get one 50%off

Bought: (50ct boxes)
6x Blazer 165grain 40s&w $17.99reg price
4x Remington 180grain 40s&w $22 reg price

All in all I paid something like $150+\- for 500 rounds.. Not bad I think?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
thats 30 cents a round... walmart over here is .33 cents a round for WWB. still not a bad price but I want a "just fell off the truck price"

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, I picked up 4 boxes of 100 rounds Winchester 45 and 2 boxes of 100 round 12 gauge super target. Not sure if it was to good of a deal.

49.99 per box for the 45 but you get the 2nd box 1/2 off. So it was $75 for 200 rounds. My Walmart has it priced at 39.99 for the same ammo.

The 12 gauge was priced at 27.99 for 100 rounds then I got the second 1/2 off as well.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Dicks was having a Black Friday sale on ALL their ammo, buy 1 get one 50%off

Bought: (50ct boxes)
6x Blazer 165grain 40s&w $17.99reg price
4x Remington 180grain 40s&w $22 reg price

All in all I paid something like $150+\- for 500 rounds.. Not bad I think?
You did pretty good...gotta get it while it's available...waiting around for another couple of pennies could leave you out in the cold..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I guess for people like us in NJ it is a good deal since walmarts around here don't sell ammo unless you cross the border,. It sure as hell beats having to pay at the range,. Most places don't even carry cheap stuff like blazer=\

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Hey...you did good! A "deal" is relative to where you live...get it when you can...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I've got Gander Mtn, Dicks Sporting Goods, 8 WalMarts (7 of them Super Stores), Academy, and Sports Authority...all within relatively easy distance in a 2 state area...None of them can beat my LGS when he puts ammo on sale... Aside from the LGS, and WalMart, the others are so proud of their ammo that it takes a major sale to get their ammo to a fairly reasonable price...one of those in particular is stupidly proud...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Walked in at 00:01 Friday morning, was 3rd in line and my local Dick's store had "fully stocked" up....with 3 whole boxes of 9mm and 2 boxes of .45 total in the entire store.....All 5 boxes were purchased by the two gentlemen in front of me, and I was SOL. Needless to say I was less than thrilled when the clerk told me all out of both my chosen calibers, and I don't believe I'll be buying much from Dick's in the near future.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Sorry about the experience..wow, that's pretty sad...reminds me of a couple of years ago when you couldn't find any ammo anywhere..my LGS would always get some, and he'd limit the amounts...Wallyworld would get ammo in stock, and it would be gone in no time...at all 6 local stores...I'm sure someone was tipping people off as to the shipments...heard of one of those guys buying it up in quantity, and selling it at his store...oh well. I'd expect better than that from Dicks, though...I think everyones getting a little edgy, and buying ammo...

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
i think you got Dicked at Dick's! Buy most of my ammo online and wally world.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Sorry, meant to respond to jlew44's post.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That's usually the case for me...bad luck or no luck at all...The LGS around the corner from me, price gouges pretty badly, so I'm forced to Wally World.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Our Gander Mountain had an ad for 1k rounds 9mm for $199.00. Got there and they only had 2k for the entire sale. I hate it when stores do that, I think they do it on purpose.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I generally stay away from all those sales. They bait you into the store with limited stock of items and generally piss you off more then they satisfy ya'

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Our Gander Mountain had an ad for 1k rounds 9mm for $199.00. Got there and they only had 2k for the entire sale. I hate it when stores do that, I think they do it on purpose.

They have a new sale on right now...I was checking out some optics, and the first 2 or 3 I checked on were "Backordered"....I quit looking...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts

I was a manager at a Dick's Sporting Goods for a time. They were famous for printing up sale flyers for weekend sales for items that were not even in the store. Then when people came in looking for something, we were forced to endure customer tirades (couldn't blame them a bit) and then offer a rain check. The entire time I was there I don't recall ever having to honor one, simply because the merchandise never showed at all.:mad:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Dang, that's just plain sad. I blew a prime opportunity the other day... could have bought a CASE of WWB 9mm at our local Wally World... no special prices, but it was remarkable they had a case there. I've been watching for them to restock, and they haven't had a thing since.

On a better note, I was able to pick up ~180 rounds of British .303 ammo this afternoon for right at $100... normally that stuff is $1.25 - $2.00 a round. I missed a great deal at the same place though... some joker traded several hundred rounds of ammo for a weapon the other week and they sold the stuff for roughly $.30 a round! Dang it...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Walked in at 00:01 Friday morning, was 3rd in line and my local Dick's store had "fully stocked" up....with 3 whole boxes of 9mm and 2 boxes of .45 total in the entire store.....All 5 boxes were purchased by the two gentlemen in front of me, and I was SOL. Needless to say I was less than thrilled when the clerk told me all out of both my chosen calibers, and I don't believe I'll be buying much from Dick's in the near future.
Looks like Dick is a dick.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts