Glock Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
If it isn't a medical issue I don't talk to my doctor about anything else. Its none of his business what I do outside of his office

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I guess it is a prostrate exam every time.

·
Registered
965 Posts
This is interesting. Today I went to my doc for a routine physical checkup. One of the questions the nurse asked me was whether I felt safe in my home. I replied yes and asked her why she was asking me the question. The answer was that the government is looking for data on abuse in the home of any kind. I'm really not against that type of question. There is way too much child, spouse and elder abuse going on in this country and it needs to be stopped. But to come back on topic, to ask if there is a gun in the home is certainly not a question to be asked if you're trying to figure out is someone is being abused. One just doesn't have anything to do with the other.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Speak a lie enough and even the "intelligent" Doctors will believe it.

One of the questions the nurse asked me was whether I felt safe in my home. I replied yes and asked her why she was asking me the question. The answer was that the government is looking for data on abuse in the home of any kind.
They have all the data already. I live next door to an abusive punk ass adult male. He has a rap sheet a few pages long of domestic and spouse abuse. But he is always out quickly and never does he ever truly get punished for this behavior. And yes she is stupid enough to keep bringing him back so I can't do anything but call the police if I get to see it happen.

Enforce the law to its fullest extent every time no exception. If that is not enough to teach poorly raised children then make the penalties worse.

edited to fix the quote

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
My Family Doctor drives a pick-up truck (4 wheel drive), wears jeans and boots and has firearms. We talk about guns sosmetimes only because it is his hobby also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have to say if I was ever asked that and given a terrible response like that nurses I wouldn't answer it. If I'm here I'm not hidding any abuse so what other reason do they really need to know for.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
After my above Post I had a follow up visit at my Doctor, I was reading his copy of American Rifleman in his waiting room. When in his examing room he noticed my empty Galco Jax Slide and even called it by name. I told him I had been leaving my Glock in the car as i didnt want to upset the nurses when I removed my jacket. He laughed and said the patient in the next room is wearing his and I not only welcome you to carry it I hope that you do. He said they have been robbed a couple of times and one of the office girls had been taken outside at knife point by an ex husband. He also said he has a few guns stashed around the offices. My kind of Doctor.

·
Banned
966 Posts
After my above Post I had a follow up visit at my Doctor, I was reading his copy of American Rifleman in his waiting room. When in his examing room he noticed my empty Galco Jax Slide and even called it by name. I told him I had been leaving my Glock in the car as i didnt want to upset the nurses when I removed my jacket. He laughed and said the patient in the next room is wearing his and I not only welcome you to carry it I hope that you do. He said they have been robbed a couple of times and one of the office girls had been taken outside at knife point by an ex husband. He also said he has a few guns stashed around the offices. My kind of Doctor.
Only in Texas! ;)

I think my doctor -- a slightly built woman in her early 40's -- was Ivy League educated, etc. I think she'd scream if I came in wearing an empty holster and faint if it wasn't empty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts