Glock Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does size really matter when it comes to Glock's?

Going from the G-26 to the G-19 9mm guns the fit and feel is different they feel tighter better balanced IMO ...
The G -21 shoots great but lacks the feel and balance of the 9mm IMO the frame to slide is not as tight as the 9mm , I'm not sure if it's just me ... ... Felt the same way about the recoil in the Gen-3 G-27 and G-23 and sold them...

Were Glock's created and indented to be 9mm weapons primarily , was anything lost in the design going to the other larger calibers?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Glocks were designed to be 9mm machines. It took a couple of tries to get the .40 & .357 down, but those are GTG now.

As for the large frame calibers, I think it's really just personal preference. Seems like they've really nailed it with the Gen4 G21, though.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Glock’s started out with the 9mm and then went into other calibers but what gun MFG stays with one size? It would be business suicide limiting the market to one size but what they did was show the world that you don't have to come up with gimmick’s every 3-5 years to keep up with the market trends and I think that is the appeal of Glock is the simplicity of design. IMO Glock is a working man’s gun, simple no crap and fancy looky-looks; just a design that works and works well.

I always said that if John Browning was around he would have been impressed with a Glock

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glocks were designed to be 9mm machines. It took a couple of tries to get the .40 & .357 down, but those are GTG now.

As for the large frame calibers, I think it's really just personal preference. Seems like they've really nailed it with the Gen4 G21, though.
"yup" you may be right....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts