Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Awhile back I posted a thread concerning my new G19 GEN 4 where I took it to the gunsmith to have a 3.5# connector installed. When the gunsmith pulled the connector out and compared it to a 3.5# connector they matched up. At the time I thought the factory had put the 3.5 # connector in the G19.

I just read on another Forum that the newer GEN 4s are coming with the Dot Connecotr which is between the 5.5 # and the 'Minus' Connector. I checked and sure enough the connector in the G19 GEN 4 is a 'Dot' Connector. This trigger feels like my other Glocks that all have the 3.5# Connector.

So, it was not a mistake by the factory as I thought at the time.

See the CORRECTION A FEW POST DOWN

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
From what I just read the "5th connector" is about a 4.5 on the trigger scale. So here is the beef; Glock doesn't recommend a 3.5 connector for defense carry unless you have a NY1 trigger job but now they are adding their own minus connector to gen 4’s.... the world of confusion

·
Registered
71 Posts
I actually like the dot better than the 3.5.It seems a little more crisp yet still light.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
CORRECTION: I meant to say my G32 GEN 4, not my G19 which is a GEN 3.

Upon closer inspection, the connector on the G32 GEN 4 has two Dots from the factory. Anyone know what that is?

Its been a long 2 days, I'm pooped!
I had both the G19 and the G32 apart on the desk and got them mixed up is why the mistake on the original post.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
most people would not admit that, glad you posted and got things corrected.
Thanks Jimmy, I felt like a fool when I stated to put them back together and realized my mistake. The guns were on opposite sides of the desk and not co-mingled. The connector on the G32 GEN 4 came from the factory, the one in the G19 I had installed after purchase.

I am glad this did not happen on anther Glock Forum, I would have been Flamed!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I am glad this did not happen on anther Glock Forum, I would have been Flamed!
do we still have that option ?

·
Banned
966 Posts
OK, so let me get this straight. I'm considering changing to a 3.5# connector and a stronger spring set on my Gen4 but now I'm wondering if it's a good idea. The factory specs say the Gen4's have a 5.5# trigger pull. I'm hearing here it's more like 4.5 because of the "minus" or "dot" connector, and that Glock recommends against the 3.5# without further mods. What does Glock fear (well, lawsuits, but specifically)? What could happen if I properly install the 3.5 and heavier springs on my Gen4?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
OK, so let me get this straight. I'm considering changing to a 3.5# connector and a stronger spring set on my Gen4 but now I'm wondering if it's a good idea. The factory specs say the Gen4's have a 5.5# trigger pull. I'm hearing here it's more like 4.5 because of the "minus" or "dot" connector, and that Glock recommends against the 3.5# without further mods. What does Glock fear (well, lawsuits, but specifically)? What could happen if I properly install the 3.5 and heavier springs on my Gen4?
I did the connector and the trigger spring only (left the FP spring alone) and I didn't see that much of a difference

·
Registered
71 Posts
http://
CORRECTION: I meant to say my G32 GEN 4, not my G19 which is a GEN 3.

Upon closer inspection, the connector on the G32 GEN 4 has two Dots from the factory. Anyone know what that is?

Its been a long 2 days, I'm pooped!
I had both the G19 and the G32 apart on the desk and got them mixed up is why the mistake on the original post.
The part in the photo(with two dots) is not the connector,that's the trigger bar.

These are connectors.The one on the far right is a dot connector.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Wow! You guys have my head spinning on this trigger information. I'm just glad I'm not smart enough to go past a field strip! Lol! The more lost I am, the better off I am!! :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wow! You guys have my head spinning on this trigger information. I'm just glad I'm not smart enough to go past a field strip! Lol! The more lost I am, the better off I am!! :)
If you watched someone field strip one,you'd be amazed at how easy it is.I can have it in 33 parts and back together in about four minutes.

·
Registered
960 Posts
If you watched someone field strip one,you'd be amazed at how easy it is.I can have it in 33 parts and back together in about four minutes.
Oh. I must have the wrong idea of what a "field strip" is. I thought it was a basic break down for cleaning. Clue me in on what a field strip is beyond that. I just never considering going any farther than that. Thank! :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Oh. I must have the wrong idea of what a "field strip" is. I thought it was a basic break down for cleaning. Clue me in on what a field strip is beyond that. I just never considering going any farther than that. Thank! :)
My bad.I meant detail strip,sorry.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts