Glock Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
purely as an observer....this time. I was interested in seeing what guns were being used and how they ran. Here's what I saw:

Glocks: Saw quite a few...and never saw a single FTF, BTF or FTE. This includes several of the sub-compact models.

1911's: Again, quite a few. Saw a couple of stovepipes, and there was one stock Colt Commander that had a FTF every 2-3 rounds! The surprising thing here was that the shooter was using standard hardball ammo (CCI Blazer with aluminum case). I would bet there was at least a little shooter error here. I can't remember ever seeing a Colt that wouldn't feed hardball. I thought it could have been a bad magazine at first, but it did it with every mag.

SA XDM 3.8: Couple of these in .40. Nasty muzzle blast, along with several jams.

Ruger SR40c: One of these present. Same muzzle blast as the SA guns. I've decided that 9mm's CRACK, .45's BOOM, and compact .40's surpass both of them. Glad I have the 9mm.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
It has been years since I have been to one, hard to sit on the side lines and not want to get involved; after all competition breeds leaders. All in all sounds like a good day out to rub elbows with likeminded people

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been years since I'd been to any match as well. I will be competing starting in January as they shoot a match the second Saturday of each month year 'round. 25 years ago I was a true competitor. Nowadays, I'm old, slow, and sometimes a little shakey, but I don't think I'll embarass myself too badly....;)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Been years since I'd been to any match as well. I will be competing starting in January as they shoot a match the second Saturday of each month year 'round. 25 years ago I was a true competitor. Nowadays, I'm old, slow, and sometimes a little shakey, but I don't think I'll embarass myself too badly....;)
Hey, good for you...Go for it...You might inspire some of us to do likewise... :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts