Glock Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna have my 23 frame Duracoated in flat dark earth. I have envied the look of all Glocks that I have seen in flat dark earth but have never seen a Blue Label available. I ran into a guy at the grocery store wearing a Glock sweat shirt and had to ask him which Glocks he had. Turns out, he owns a local shop that specializes only in custom work. I went by to see him today. Prices are awesome. He's gonna DuraCoat the frame on my 23 for $125.00. He doesn't advertise at all because he is currently about 2 months behind on work. He showed me his shop and all of his equipment. He can do everything in house. He also showed me some of his guns that have custom work and paint. Flawless!! He had pictures of some projects he did. The most impressive was a 1921 Thompson that was in a fire. He completely restored it to include manufacturing all the furniture. It's currently valued at 60K. It is absolutely beautiful! He gave me a space in line for the 23 so he wouldn't have to keep it there waiting it's turn. I will probably drop it off around December 1 and he will have it about 2 weeks. No problem! I can handle that! Just thought I would share my story! :D

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
That's awesome...you might call Lipsey's, and see what availability is right now......they had nine models, I believe...sadly enough, they weren't available at Blue Label price...you have to get a dealer to order it for you...I'd bet that one of those two big players you have in Birmingham have ties with them...
www.lipseys.com/

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
for a 125 bucks I think I would try it my self. from what I hear and read all you have to do is strip the gun and treat it with a grease removal and paint it

LIPSEY'S is the Nation's Leading Wholesale Firearms Distributor selling only to Federally Licensed Dealers

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
for a 125 bucks I think I would try it my self. from what I hear and read all you have to do is strip the gun and treat it with a grease removal and paint it
For $125 bucks, I'd gladly let a pro do it, as opposed to gumming up a weapon...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
"LIPSEY'S is the Nation's Leading Wholesale Firearms Distributor selling only to Federally Licensed Dealers"

Have your dealer order if you just gotta have one...lol :D

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For $125.00 I certainly will let a professional do it! Not that I don't think I'm capable but after seeing his work, I know it will look professional and awesome. Besides that, he is a small, one man operation and I have no problem with my money staying in the local economy! :)

Reactions: rowabi

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
just in case anyone is interested

[video=youtube;0JMMN1wMPl4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JMMN1wMPl4[/video]

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
For $125.00 I certainly will let a professional do it! Not that I don't think I'm capable but after seeing his work, I know it will look professional and awesome. Besides that, he is a small, one man operation and I have no problem with my money staying in the local economy! :)
Makes sense...I have a guy here like that...He's gonna do my daughters red-dot scope...It has to be pink, lol...Like you, I like to give the local folks a chance first, if they're qualified...$125 seems like a really fair price to have it done right...!!! :cool:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To me, $125.00 is not a lot of money considering the amount of money that I have tied up in firearms. Besides, my parents always drilled into me....save, save, save. Well, now I'm retired and will never be able to work again so it's about time that I really "enjoy life". So I..........spend, spend, spend! :)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
lol...hey, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do...I considered doing an M1A1 (black) in DuraCoat...Black/OD Tiger Stripe...

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol...hey, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do...I considered doing an M1A1 (black) in DuraCoat...Black/OD Tiger Stripe...
That sounds awesome!!!!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
thanks...another new handgun got in the way, though...lol

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I told the shop owner that I had a little interest in porting the barrel. While we were "gun chatting", he told me that he could do it at an awesome military discounted price. Didn't exactly get to the part about the price because a couple of other customers came in. Something down the road maybe.........

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Something to remember, when buying Blue Label, the "C" models are only a few bucks more...just an FYI

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DuraCoat kit, $39.95, case of Beck's Beer, $29.95, my frustration, priceless! Kind of adds up to the fact that $125.00 isn't bad at all!!:)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
See...? Exactly...and you know the results you'll get...they're guaranteed when a pro does it...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts