Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Walther PPS and my G26 that I just bought... If you had to choose, which would you EDC?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Between those two, the G26. After all I am prejudiced, this is a Glock Forum. And what I mean is I have a personal preferance thru trial and error over the years. I have settled on the Glock because it is durable, reliable, comfortable to shoot (ergonomics) and very easy on upkeep (field strips easily and no need to keep clean). The Glock is a tool that I dont worry about sweating on or getting scratches, etc.

But, you will have to make the determination for yourself as to what works for you.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
What do you mean no need to keep clean?
A Glock does not need to be cleaned after each trip to the range. And yes, I know we are taught in the military to keep our weapons spotless and well lubricated. But, in fact, a glock needs very, very little lubrication and will run just fine dry. Field strip your glock and look at just how little contact there is on the slide and the rails. A few drops of lubrication spread with your finger works great. BTW, I use CLP Breakfree on all of my weapons and have for years and years.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I am of the opinion that Glock is the greatest defensive gun for most bar none. Given that choice though I'd choose the PPS because of it being thinner. If wouldn't compromise and pick either though. I'd rather have a compact (19 or 23) so I would have a full size grip.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Also - if you carry IWB, the thinness of the PPS would be a plus. If OWB, G26 for sure.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am still try out which type of holster suits me better, so I'm not sure if I will be carrying IWB or OWB. Right now the holster I am using is OWB, and they are both really comfortable in it. Thanks for all the insite.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
One of the best kept secrets for OWB carry for a Glock is their Sport/Combat holster. Simple piece of plastic you can find for $10-$15 and it will hold your G26 high and tight so that you can conceal in all but the smallest of t-shirts.

Also, it will hold any non-.45/10mm Glock model. Very versatile!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts