Glock Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got to the range to fire my new G 21 gen 4. Overall im happy with its performance but every third shot the brass flies back and smacks ya in the face. While it is kinda funny, its gotta be fixed.
How do I stop getting pelted in the face with brass? Is there something I can change or modify?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im right handed and right eye dominant. I was shooting some Tula 230gr fmj steel cased, some winchester 230gr fmj brass cased, and a box of remington 230gr fmj brass cased. No reloads yet though im getting a press soon.
I have a USP & USP compact both .45 and they have never thrown brass in my face. Is this something that all glocks do? Or. just the gen4s? Or ???

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
There was another member having the same problem a couple of weeks ago and he too was using steel case ammo. He changed and the problem ceased. Did you notice it when you were using brass or just steel?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did start with the steel cased ammo. Im sure. The third time I pulled the trigger on my virgin 21. Smack, right between the eyes.
The remington ammo had several over pressed rounds. They were shorter by almost a 1/4 inch. How the hell did that make it through QC?
The remington did hit me also. Just not as much.
I feed all the different ammo into 3 different pistols. The 2 USPs fire everything and in 10 years have never hit me with brass. I was surprised when the glock did.
maybe I can just shoot the glock all gangsta. That way the brass will fling off to the side like it should.:)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I did start with the steel cased ammo. Im sure. The third time I pulled the trigger on my virgin 21. Smack, right between the eyes.
The remington ammo had several over pressed rounds. They were shorter by almost a 1/4 inch. How the hell did that make it through QC?
The remington did hit me also. Just not as much.
I feed all the different ammo into 3 different pistols. The 2 USPs fire everything and in 10 years have never hit me with brass. I was surprised when the glock did.
maybe I can just shoot the glock all gangsta. That way the brass will fling off to the side like it should.:)
I found this short read today don't know if it will help but Caleb had a mag problem when shooting steel tula in competition. It wasn't related to ejection but it could have the same effect I would assume

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I too would suspect the steel cased ammo.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I ocassionally get one to the face with ny Gen4 G23, and I have only shot brass with that gun. It isn't frequent enough for me to complain about it, just try to catch it with my teeth!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Zombie, I missed clicking on the 'this' the first time I went thru this thread, interesting read. I would not have figured on the steel cased rounds dirtying up the mags.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Anytime you are using the dirtier of the ammo you are going to get blow back into the magazine. It's not a bad idea if you shoot a lot of cheaper ammo to break the mags down every 300-500 rounds and give them a quick wipe down.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Have you closely examined the ejector? I know a guy who had a burr on his and once that was shot smooth, the face shots stopped.

Glock's armorer's manual says any of the following can cause erratic ejections:

Broken or damaged ejector
Underpowered ammunition
Dirty chamber
Shooting with an unlocked wrist
Lack of lubrication
Dirty gun

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Have you closely examined the ejector? I know a guy who had a burr on his and once that was shot smooth, the face shots stopped.

Glock's armorer's manual says any of the following can cause erratic ejections:

Broken or damaged ejector
Underpowered ammunition
Dirty chamber
Shooting with an unlocked wrist
Lack of lubrication
Dirty gun
I have a problem with erratic ejections!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
laughter..the best medicine...ZK, you not only know your Glocks, you have a sense of humor as well...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I to was at the range with my new G21sf Gen 3 i to was popped in my shppting glasses no biggie,,,,,,, stopped and evaluated the situaition and figured out i was shooting next to a pole that supports the roof i was at a outside range,,,,,,,, next time ill get on the right side of this pole

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
When all else fails, put on the kevlar helmet, and some goggles...lol...just kidding ! :)
Hope it was just a steel case ammo prob...hope ya get it resolved quick... :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts