Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just closed the deal on a gen. 2 G20 on GunBroker. Should have it by the weekend. Night sights & 3 Hi cap mags. I guess I'm on a roll, since I got my G21 last week. Now I can start ordering lots of 'stuff' to make em the way I want em:cool:
Here's my Glock collection: (all gen 2 except one) G17, G19, G20, G21, G22, G23, G26, G27, early gen. 3 G32. I think I can stop now, but I know I probably won't!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Just closed the deal on a gen. 2 G20 on GunBroker. Should have it by the weekend. Night sights & 3 Hi cap mags. I guess I'm on a roll, since I got my G21 last week. Now I can start ordering lots of 'stuff' to make em the way I want em:cool:
Here's my Glock collection: (all gen 2 except one) G17, G19, G20, G21, G22, G23, G26, G27, early gen. 3 G32. I think I can stop now, but I know I probably won't!!:rolleyes:
Stop?? you still have to get all the Gen 1, 3 and 4 series. You can't stop now!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ummmmmm, there is a gap between the 17 and the 19. Almost like something is missing..... Hmmmmm?

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Ummmmmm, there is a gap between the 17 and the 19. Almost like something is missing..... Hmmmmm?
Yeh..there's a G18...good luck on getting that one...However, should you manage it, I'd be glad to help you break it in...lol
Congrats on your new acquisition, by the way...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
This post had some cool tidbits of information and a great pic of the G18/18C. The author was referencing the NY Times as his source for part of the article and linked to their page but we all know how reliable they are.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
This post had some cool tidbits of information and a great pic of the G18/18C. The author was referencing the NY Times as his source for part of the article and linked to their page but we all know how reliable they are.
Thanks for the link...Gee whiz...I was almost drooling...I knew the restrictions/requirements, and somewhat about the pricing...As close as we'll get is the dealer samples at ranges, I suppose...

·
Registered
655 Posts
Buying guns is one of the best hobbies that you can have. You can't stop now. Stopping is for quitters.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You cant have gen4's? That's rough - with the improved grip and mag release IMO it's the perfect Glock.
MASS. "consumer protection law" states that any Glock manufactured after Oct. 21, 1998 are NOT transferrable to a MASS. resident. Such a stupid law, since there is virtually no difference between the older ones and the new ones:confused: The newest I can obtain is an early gen. 3, very hard to find, you have to verify the serial # with Glock for date of production on those. I got lucky finding an early gen.3 G32 with the accessory rail, the only glock, or any other brand of pistol I own that has the rail.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeh..there's a G18...good luck on getting that one...However, should you manage it, I'd be glad to help you break it in...lol
Congrats on your new acquisition, by the way...
As I mentioned in another post, about 20 years ago, I could have bought a G17 legally converted to full/semi auto, it looked just like the G18, with the selector on the left rear of the slide, except it had a handle the size of a suppressor you could screw into the left side of the frame, it was fitted with a threaded barrel with a suppressor, and came with 4 33 rd. mags. I had, and still have a MASS. licenst to posess a machine gun, but I didn't buy it because it was $2300.00 and i thought that was a lot back then. I bet that gun would fetch $6-8 grand now, maybe more. Am still kicking myself twenty years later:mad:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was thinking the same thing! Everyone needs a Glock 18 to round out their collection!:D

Reactions: spfldguns

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was thinking the same thing! Everyone needs a Glock 18 to round out their collection!:D
I think we'd have to move to Austria to accomplish that!! I heard somewhere that it was mandotory for any active or retired service member in that country to have a full auto, you know, as a 'well armed militia' , like we are supposed to have.:confused:

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
As I mentioned in another post, about 20 years ago, I could have bought a G17 legally converted to full/semi auto, it looked just like the G18, with the selector on the left rear of the slide, except it had a handle the size of a suppressor you could screw into the left side of the frame, it was fitted with a threaded barrel with a suppressor, and came with 4 33 rd. mags. I had, and still have a MASS. licenst to posess a machine gun, but I didn't buy it because it was $2300.00 and i thought that was a lot back then. I bet that gun would fetch $6-8 grand now, maybe more. Am still kicking myself twenty years later:mad:
Yeppers...There weren't that many converted, but it was possible until what, 1986? Those same guns today would command about 10 times what you're guessing, or more, if you could find someone willing to part with one...according to a friend "in the business"...$2300 would have been a good investment...but that was a lot back then, for sure...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts