Glock Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering. Is it that simple to replace the slide stop on a Glock as I have heard? I like the idea of the extended stop. Also, any brand better than another?

·
Registered
62 Posts
It takes about 10 minutes total, start to finish. All you need is a punch. I prefer Aro-Tek, but they are really expensive compared to the Lone Wolf and Ghost Brands. It is usually the first component I change out.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a punch. Also have a Glock Armorers Tool. I watched a youtube video and it seems easy. Push pin out, slide original slide stop out, slide new one in, reinstall pin. Any complications I might come across?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Glock doesn't recommend them because in a fire fight with the loss of blood to the fingers you will not be able to work it so they like the "grab the slide" method but if you want one it's one pin and put the new one in

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I am in the habit of the 'slingshot method', think I will stick with that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Glock doesn't recommend them because in a fire fight with the loss of blood to the fingers you will not be able to work it so they like the "grab the slide" method but if you want one it's one pin and put the new one in
Funny thing is Glock makes them also.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
if you go from left to right you only have to knock the pin (trigger pin,bigest one) out part of the way, just enough to clear the part and slip it out and slip the new one in

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a punch. Also have a Glock Armorers Tool. I watched a youtube video and it seems easy. Push pin out, slide original slide stop out, slide new one in, reinstall pin. Any complications I might come across?
You should have no problems.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Funny thing is Glock makes them also.
Glock doesn't recommend the 3.5 lb connector either but the sell them too. not recommending something and not make a dollar is too different worlds

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info. Ordered a LWD for my 23. I'm going to order an Aro-Tek for my 36.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Extended slide stop showed up today. Took me about 2 minutes to replace. Already love the feel and look! Ordered one from Aro-Tek for the 36. It will be here Monday! :)

Reactions: barstoolguru

·
Registered
389 Posts
I sent my Glock 22 to the Glock Store in San Diego. I purchased their extended slide stop & extended slide release. They installed both, no xtra charge. Good service, good price, good products.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Extended slide stop showed up today. Took me about 2 minutes to replace. Already love the feel and look! Ordered one from Aro-Tek for the 36. It will be here Monday! :)
I have one on all my Glocks. I don't normally use it but it's nice to know it's there is something puts me into a one handed position.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Aro-Trek for the 36 finally arrived today. A little late but no worries. Installed it and I now realize why this brand is a bit higher in price. The black coating matches the gun perfectly! No doubt that it looks very "natural" with the 36! Very happy I bought them! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts