Glock Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 3gen 17c. every now and then it feeds the round 1/2way then jams with the round 1/2 loaded. i see when i remove the slide the guid rod will not be fully seated with the barrel. i then spin it a little and put it back together and it will work fine for a wile then boom 1/2 load and the rod has moved down again.

any help would be great.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
How old is the gun? , sounds like the spring is weak or plastic rod is damaged. Try a new spring and guild rod and see if it helps. the recoil spring has to have enough power to grab a round and feed it so when it stops half way it is the spring or the ammo and Glock’s have a really loose chamber. Just a try: add a little bit of oil to the rod guild and then rack the slide a few times to spread the oil

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the gun is new. only 500 or so rounds through it. 2 guidrods and springs used 1 is SS the other is stock. i have had this problem with both rods/spring combos. the ammo is federal 115g fmj or rem 115g jhp. it seems to me the extractor is to tight not letting the bullit rim slide behind it. but why does the guid rod seem to be comming out of the pocket on the barrel, then when slid back it will work again.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
we had some discussions on the extractor before but that would be more of a ejection problem then the spring hanging or jumping out of the hole.

Have you tried to lube the rod or are you running it dry? Check the spring keeper and make sure it’s not hanging up on recoil. Is the spring on the proper step (two steps on the barrel on for the spring and the other is the slide lock) when reassembling the gun after a break down? The spring rides on the slide release, is the slide release staying in place after the recoil? Is the slide release damaged? Some people will tell you ammo but the chamber on a Glock barrel is very forgiving when it comes to the olgive (bullet shape)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the rod is resting on the correct notch. the rod has been whiped with oil but not soaked. the take down release seems to be ok. the slide release is an aftermarket 1. it just seems funny to me that the rod rides up on the barrel notch while shooting.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
i have a 3gen 17c. every now and then it feeds the round 1/2way then jams with the round 1/2 loaded. i see when i remove the slide the guid rod will not be fully seated with the barrel. i then spin it a little and put it back together and it will work fine for a wile then boom 1/2 load and the rod has moved down again.

any help would be great.
I would call Glock, ask for tech support, and run that by them to see if they have any ideas...might save some time and bucks trying to guess, trial & error...
(770) 432-1202 Hope you get it fixed quick... :)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
the rod is resting on the correct notch. the rod has been whiped with oil but not soaked. the take down release seems to be ok. the slide release is an aftermarket 1. it just seems funny to me that the rod rides up on the barrel notch while shooting.
This could be your problem! the rod rides on the barrel AND the slide release (look inside the frame at the slide release and you will see it is rounded to cradle the spring) UNTIL the slide moved rearward then the rod guild is held in place by the slide release as the barrel moved rearward and then drops to assist in loading a bullet. Now two things might be happening the rod guild is flexing or the slide release in flexing or moving just enough for the spring to jump.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts