Glock Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day guys, New to the forum and a virgin Glock owner. Have some questions for the Glock masters.

Picked up a Glock 27 Gen 4 brand spanking new a few months back for CCW.

Went to the range the other day to practice for my classes and had about 100 rounds through her when she started doing this. (below)

I know its not the ammo, out of the 14 that did not fire, I took 6 and gave them to my buddy to fire from his XD. All 6 cycled fine. Leads me to believe its a light strike on the primer.....

My Question is. Is this a Firing pin problem that Glock would take care of under warrantee?
Is this something unrelated to the firing pin that should be corrected by me?
Is the location of the primer strike unusual or is this typical for glocks?

glock27.jpg glock27_2.jpg

·
Registered
117 Posts
The position of the primer strike says that the pistol is not in full battery when the trigger is pulled. (Not Centered) Something is going on here. How are you charging the pistol? Are you riding the slide, putting a round into the chamber manually, or using reloads? Is the RSA stock? The slide must be fully forward in the locked position when the trigger is pulled. The off center firing pin should not be happening and is an indicator many potential problems.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
first thing is first... take the gun apart and clean/ inspect the firing pin channel and all parts. light strikes are a spring/ chamber problem. calling glock will do nothing but get the same questions asked. off center firing pins strikes are a bent FP strike which is really rare

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
first thing is first... take the gun apart and clean/ inspect the firing pin channel and all parts. light strikes are a spring/ chamber problem. calling glock will do nothing but get the same questions asked. off center firing pins strikes are a bent FP strike which is really rare
No kidding cap'n obvious, it's called trouble shooting with the manufacturer.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The dents do look a little off. My Glock usually leaves a rectangular dent in the primer.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
No kidding cap'n obvious, it's called trouble shooting with the manufacturer.
to bad you didn't suggest it first, any time there is a light strike you clean the firing pin channel and eliminate the most obvious problem. this is the first thing glock will tell you.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
what you said

Call Glock and tell them everything.
this is not take the gun apart and clean and inspect the firing pin and channel.

·
Registered
683 Posts
If the firing pin strikes are above center, the gun is out of battery when the firing pin is striking the primer. Don't screw around wasting time, ship it back to Glock. This is not a cleaning of the firing pin channel problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts