Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a long wait, my XD-S came in...My LGS has only had 2 shipments..a whopping 2 guns came in first, then they got like 6 more..My buddy at the shop grabbed mine, put it away..Can't find them locally, anywhere, so I feel fortunate to have secured one...I was beginning to think they were a myth...lol... Pics soon...

2012-07-11_22-22-15_149.jpg Sort of puts it into perspective...!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i've heard nothing but good reviews on all of the forums including nice trigger. good luck with the new toy! naturally i know nothing about them first hand because we can't have them in mass.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Be sure and give us a review.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I saw where dealers only started getting deliveries last month. You are probably luck they got 2 in. Seems like everything that has to be ordered is on back order

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeh...just glad to finally capture one, lol...Range report and pics to come later...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i've heard nothing but good reviews on all of the forums including nice trigger. good luck with the new toy! naturally i know nothing about them first hand because we can't have them in mass.
Maybe one day Mass. will sail off the coastline, drift south, and attach itself to Georgia, or Florida, and become part of America.. :D..I hate it for ya'll, that you have such stupid gun laws there...keep voting !!!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If that were to happen, a lot of family would live closer to me, lol...

·
Registered
655 Posts
Sweet man. Anxiously waiting the review. I was wondering if they were ever going to make an appearance.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hope to get to shoot it this weekend...can't wait...! I'll try to get some pics and a report...:p

·
Registered
126 Posts
<-----This guy is Jealous.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<-----This guy is Jealous.
...lol...don't be...let's wait 'til we see how I shoot it... , ha ha
It's supposed to be very shootable...we'll see...might be back in the market for a S&W Shield, lol...;)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2012-07-11_21-04-09_593.jpg

Not a great pic, but here she is...
working on some better shots...bear with me...more soon

·
Registered
316 Posts
After a long wait, my XD-S came in...My LGS has only had 2 shipments..a whopping 2 guns came in first, then they got like 6 more..My buddy at the shop grabbed mine, put it away..Can't find them locally, anywhere, so I feel fortunate to have secured one...I was beginning to think they were a myth...lol... Pics soon...

View attachment 416 Sort of puts it into perspective...!
Your bring that to my house this weekend so I can try it out right??? lolololololol

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nice scroll work on the Ruger.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice scroll work on the Ruger.
Factory...when I got it, they were only $20 more than the standard model...$299-vs-$319...I'm not a fancy, "purty" gun guy, but I figured that I couldn't buy the scrolling for $20...lol...That's really out of my comfort zone...almost like carrying a pink gripped gun, ha ha

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Weekend came and went, still haven't fired the XD-S...can't believe it...Pretty much, if I don't get it done on Saturday, I won't do it. LGS is so busy on their range Saturdays...Free range time on Tuesdays for LE/military, but I have other obligations...Will shoot for Saturday, again, no pun intended...lo... :p
I did pick up some Gold Dot 230 grain for under $30 per box (of 50)...how's that price...? :confused:
Got it local, and he had cases of it...Didn't have any of that, so I thought I'd try it...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Still haven't shot it...I don't know who's gonna cry first...me, or the XD-S...maybe tomorrow evening...Don't want it to turn into another one of the safe guns I haven't shot yet...not this one...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Still haven't shot it...I don't know who's gonna cry first...me, or the XD-S...maybe tomorrow evening...Don't want it to turn into another one of the safe guns I haven't shot yet...not this one...
Hey, if youre not gonna shoot it. Sell it to me. Ill go put some lead through it.

:Hopefully you get some time to shoot it. I know the anticipation would be killin me!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Man, it really is...I think I'm gonna make it happen this afternoon, though...Even if just for a reliability/function testing of the pistol/mags...
I'm hoping it'll become my primary for EDC...I'll let you know how it does...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts