Glock Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any after market supplemental firearms insurance policy's? I've looked into Armscare, which I have the basic $2,500 with my membership with the NRA but their supplemental seems to be a little high. Does anyone have any experience with any of the other companies?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
heres what i do. i have 2500.00 on home owners policy 2500.00 nra freebee and i buy additional 5000.00 from armscare. i just recently renewed and it did go up a little with fees but not much. i think it figured about 20.00 per thousand. if you average the 2500.00 freebee in with the cost of the additional it brings the cost per thousand down to about 14.00 per thousand. i don't think you going to do much better than that anywhere. don't forget that 2500.00 freebee just went up about a year ago at no extra cost to us, it use to be only 1000.00 i had 14 guns stolen about 2 years ago and this is a big plus in my book, there was absolutely no nonsense involve they were right there with the check. and no i don't work for them!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Homeowners and NRA freebie, and a supp. from NRA

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
2 late fer me...

I wood, 'cept I dun lost all of 'em in a durn boatin' aksident in that thar durn river...tha Mrs ippi... 2 late I rekun...

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have State Farm for the house, and cars, I also have a 10,000.00 policy that just covers my gun. This is also actual replacement cost. I figure with my small colection to replace all my guns would be 3500.00. Dave

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my home owners insurance will cover an additional 2,500 for $20/yr so I max out at $5000 for only weapons coverage with them. Then $2,500 from NRA but an additional 2,500 from armcare is $65 per year. In the big scheme of things that's not that much but compare to State Farm it's 3 times as much. I still need at least an additional 15,000 which will be up there for a premium. I know there a few options out there.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Homeowners and NRA Freebie!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.