Glock Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kinda new to shooting (been doin' it for about six mths. now) and just purchased my 1st today. i wanted a G30S, but those practically don't exist around my area for some reason :( So I settled with the G23. I've fired a 9mm and .45 Auto before but this will be my first experience with a .40. Looking forward to a little training this weekend :)

P.S. Is $600 (+ tax) too much for a Gen4 G23? I kinda feel like I over payed for some reason.... :confused:

Glock3a.jpg

Glock2a.jpg

Glocka.jpg

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome!

They list for $550 I think, so $600 isn't too bad in today's market.

.40 S&W is a bit snappy for some, but it's a good SD load and most people get used to it. You can also buy a 9mm conversion barrel and a G19 magazine and shoot 9mm too :)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
you did ok michigan man g23 is a nice gun and 600 is not too far out. and if it makes you feel any better here in mass new glocks are illegal and the only ones that can sold here are made prior to 10/21/98 and they go from 700.00 to 1000.00 if you can find them. so congrats and have fun!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome!

They list for $550 I think, so $600 isn't too bad in today's market.

.40 S&W is a bit snappy for some, but it's a good SD load and most people get used to it. You can also buy a 9mm conversion barrel and a G19 magazine and shoot 9mm too :)
What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Welcome from NW Florida!! Great buy...

·
Registered
144 Posts
I carry a Gen3 G23 and love it. You will too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well Done on your new Glock! I also carry a G23 everyday, but mine has a .357sig barrel in it. The .40 is a great round, please let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Welcome and good luck...btw, all of the Glocks my way seem to be going for $550-600 so I think you did fine!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes, welcome to the forum and I'll tell you, that you have choosen a great pistol to bet your life on and the .40cal is one very good caliber too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thats what I am rockin... love it...

Much luck and safety towards you my friend!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Now, keep looking for your next Glock !

·
Registered
115 Posts
I paid $599 for mine a month ago, so you did alright. Get you some Hornady Critical Duty if you can find them!
Have a feeling you're going to love you 23.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts