Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to fire my new toy. Only shot 15 Rd's. but what a trip. Shot at 10 yds with everything hitting left at 9:00. This I believe is from not using a proper grip and real bad trigger control. I will be working on these things starting today.
The gun had zero problems, love it.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Congrats on the G19. Try using the pad of your trigger finger instead of the joint, at least that is what makes me pull left.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Congrats on the G19. Try using the pad of your trigger finger instead of the joint, at least that is what makes me pull left.
This is good advice.

Low & left are common for right hand shooters with Glocks.

Are you running stock sights?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Are they centered up good? How far left and 9? I sort of wish you had tried them with the factory sights first that way you could see if maybe they were installed off center.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Congrats on the new toy Drummy. A brass punch and a small mallet should be able to move it if necessary. You may want to try to bench shoot a few rounds to see if they are indeed off a little

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
No jbglock they were kinda strung out. Very little consistency. As I am very new to handgun shooting I'm sure it 99% me. I will shoot off a rest first chance I get.
Just learning to proper way to grip and trigger pull. Don't have any shooters to help but lots of info on the net. I'll get it.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Here's a good video on some basics:

[video=youtube;XQy5yKN-2vw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQy5yKN-2vw[/video]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good video. Since my last formal instruction was in 1967 I needed that. Any other links to instructional videos would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Good video. Since my last formal instruction was in 1967 I needed that. Any other links to instructional videos would be appreciated.
[video=youtube;22msLVCtPk8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22msLVCtPk8&sns=em[/video]

Anything from Todd Jarrett, Dave Sevigny, Max Michel and the like are good.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
For me the best rest when testing the accuracy of a handgun is a sand bag. Settle it down into the bag and ease that glass rod (trigger) back until it breaks

Reactions: rowabi

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hay guys

Shot again today, only 15 rds again. This time was much better. Thanks for the tips and videos.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Every time you get a chance to shoot just pay attention to your techniques but don't rush it, with time they will improve. 15rds...such a tease lol! I struggle if I don't shoot at least 50. Congrats on the new G19! Enjoy and be safe.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Every time you get a chance to shoot just pay attention to your techniques but don't rush it, with time they will improve. 15rds...such a tease lol! I struggle if I don't shoot at least 50. Congrats on the new G19! Enjoy and be safe.
I think I really need to shoot more round per session. I feel like I just get comfortable and I'm done. Think I'll up it.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Are they centered up good? How far left and 9? I sort of wish you had tried them with the factory sights first that way you could see if maybe they were installed off center.
Maybe that's my problem, I have installed most of my sights myself! Never off to the right though;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You know, I'm still not sure they are not off a little. 1/32. I still get allot off to the left 1-2 @10. Up and down seems to get better each time I shoot. Going to shoot off a sight vice when I can. Maybe left handed also. I have not shot any good ammo yet, just cheep stuff.
Gets kinda frustrating. I'm very a descent rifle/muzzle loader shot.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts