Glock Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I recently bought my first Glock - a Glock 43. So far I'm enjoying it. I've got about 500 rounds down range, 50/50 split between 115gr and 124gr. It took a bit to get used to the trigger and shot placement (aim center, hit left) but since I installed the Ghost Edge 3.5lb Connector, I'm getting decent 6" groups at 7 yards. Not exactly awesome yet compared with 4" groups at 10 yards with my Springfield XDm 4.5", but I'm nailing it down with more practice.

Not knowing Glocks at all, I was curious about the frame on the G43; two things, specifically.

1. The frame seems to bend and curve from stem to stern (see pics).

2. The polymer has a little 'give' to it, meaning I can squeeze the left and right sides of the frame and the polymer bends inward a little then releases back.

My XDm frame is straight like the neck of a guitar and cannot be squeezed inward. No one else in my circles has a Glock 43, and no one I know has even seen one before. I couldn't find any pics online of the frame from the top down, so I figured someone on the Glock Forum might know if this frame curvature and somewhat pliable polymer is normal.

Computer Laptop Personal computer Netbook Electronic instrument
Bumper Automotive exterior Technology Automotive wheel system Laptop accessory
Bumper Office equipment Automotive exterior Musical instrument accessory Gadget

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Helps absorb recoil, no doubt you have experienced the brutal nature of shooting that cheap Muslim Croatian made XD.
Never mind I was thinking of that safety hazard the XDs .45
Give Glock a call in the morning and see what they tell you, don't mention you own a Springfield. (it's an inside industry joke pimping George Washington days as if it was still made here it's been dead since 1968 they bought the rights to use the name to fool the sheep)

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Hey everyone! I recently bought my first Glock - a Glock 43. So far I'm enjoying it. I've got about 500 rounds down range, 50/50 split between 115gr and 124gr. It took a bit to get used to the trigger and shot placement (aim center, hit left) but since I installed the Ghost Edge 3.5lb Connector, I'm getting decent 6" groups at 7 yards. Not exactly awesome yet compared with 4" groups at 10 yards with my Springfield XDm 4.5", but I'm nailing it down with more practice.

Not knowing Glocks at all, I was curious about the frame on the G43; two things, specifically.

1. The frame seems to bend and curve from stem to stern (see pics).

2. The polymer has a little 'give' to it, meaning I can squeeze the left and right sides of the frame and the polymer bends inward a little then releases back.

My XDm frame is straight like the neck of a guitar and cannot be squeezed inward. No one else in my circles has a Glock 43, and no one I know has even seen one before. I couldn't find any pics online of the frame from the top down, so I figured someone on the Glock Forum might know if this frame curvature and somewhat pliable polymer is normal.

View attachment 6830 View attachment 6831 View attachment 6832
It's a Glock dude...

Take it to the range, at 20 ft. Shoot 100 Rounds. Report back.

It's a Glock. SHOOT the damn thing!!
THEN LOOK at it!

·
Registered
230 Posts
First , welcome to the group. Next. my g42 (the g43 little brother) looks the same. I have almost 1000 rounds in 5 months through mine. It is much more gentle shooting than all of the competition for it and I suspect yours will to compared to the other 9mm out there. Shoot it some, it is easy to shoot, easy to clean, and for the greater world one of the most reliable brands out there.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Springfield makes a heavier built piston . Rails barrel it is all heavier . That is why I went to glock . However I think XDM's are better than Glocks in a few ways . I CC all the time i like the lighter weight of Glocks but they are ugly .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone! I'm pretty happy so far (especially that comfortable grip! holy crap!) and have run a bunch of ammo through it. I just got another 1,000 115gr Federal RTP FMJ ammo (for only $219 at NW Armory!) and plan to send at least 250 rounds down range every week. I'll post some target pics asap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.