Glock Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went looking for a holster that I could just slip on in the middle of the night or in a pinch. let’s face it a man outside with a gun in his hand can be taken wrong by others and even though I have other holsters none just slip on so I went looking and came up on a Fobus holster. They have been around for a while and are made of hard plastic. Earlier models had some bad press about being too easy to yank off from behind so somewhere between here and there they made a design change and improved it.

So I ordered one on EBAY (23.00+free shipping). It took about 3 weeks to get here (comes from Israel). It showed up 3 days ago. So in the mean time I did a little on line research to see what other though. The biggest beef with them is the gun snaps into place with a solid click BUT when you went to get it out it took a goody pull to get it to release. Well if you’re not wearing a tight belt the holster came out with the gun and that is not a good thing.

In the research one man mentioned what he did was remove the rivet just below the trigger guard housing and replace it with a screw and nut so you could now adjust tension and did it work well. Word of caution: if you use a dermal tool (I did) be careful not to get the rivet too hot because it will melt the plastic and destroy the holster. So out came the rivet and in went a screw and nut and presto the holster works like a dream I can draw without pulling the holster out of my shorts

View attachment 609 View attachment 610 View attachment 611 View attachment 612

Tension can be adjusted as needed, I think they sell one that the screw is already in place but it like 30.00 or better. Big aid in my home training exercises. That is a G26 but my G23 fits just as well

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
My first holster was a Fobus paddle. Been a great range holster and I've never had a problem with it.

Not so concealable, but that's not what they're made for :)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
My last fobus was junk...wasn't worth the .24 cents for a round to put it out of it's misery...

·
Registered
960 Posts
My last fobus was junk...wasn't worth the .24 cents for a round to put it out of it's misery...
That is hilarious!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry you feel like its junk... I wish I would have invested in this "junk" co. because they are selling a lot of "junk"

[video=youtube;7PnN8GuRV2Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PnN8GuRV2Q[/video]

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
One person's junk is another person's treasure !

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
That is why I like by Blackhawk Serpa because it has options. Paddle or belt attachment and tension adjustable plus I can use one holster for all my glocks. Fobus looks good too.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Serpa holster because the way the gun locked in it was barred from places like front sight because they were blamed for ND's. They claim that it placed the finger over the trigger when drawing. Then they backed off and started allowing them again

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
sorry you feel like its junk... I wish I would have invested in this "junk" co. because they are selling a lot of "junk"

I wouldn't know about that...I'm sure Fobus is selling "holsters", as well.. My comment on my last fobus being "junk" was intended to be taken at face value, with no secret decoder ring needed...my "last" fobus...don't be sorry dude, it was junk. I've had some good ones too... I'm glad I didn't shoot it...I was able to include it in a trade...

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There used to be a y-tube video on them and how easy they were to get pulled a part and for a long time I stayed away from all their stuff. Just recently I gave them a look after a recommendation and so far it seems to be descent 24.00 holster. I needed a quick holster that could just be slipped one. by far I am not pushing any product but this is what I need to take to the range

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
There used to be a y-tube video on them and how easy they were to get pulled a part and for a long time I stayed away from all their stuff. Just recently I gave them a look after a recommendation and so far it seems to be descent 24.00 holster. I needed a quick holster that could just be slipped one. by far I am not pushing any product but this is what I need to take to the range
Yep. They made some changes after the early models to fix that.

That's exactly what I use mine for - it sits near my G17 for the quick trips that don't involve concealment :)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
The Serpa holster because the way the gun locked in it was barred from places like front sight because they were blamed for ND's. They claim that it placed the finger over the trigger when drawing. Then they backed off and started allowing them again
I'm sure they backed off because their opinion was debunked. There are many videos up on the web debunking the holster as the cause of ND's. It's the shooters booger hook that caused the ND's. You don't pick a Serpa you press a Serpa. Done correctly your finger will always come out in the exact position that it's supposed to be in. Even Tex (the moron) debunked his own ND when he shot himself in the leg saying it was his own fault for switching holsters after using an entirely different one all day long. TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN with the tools you intend to use while defending your life. Know those tools inside and out and don't blame them when they bite you once. It's generally the shooters fault. When the brain switches off you need to still be able to perform.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was crusing y-tube when this came up a couple of days ago, I posted the fobus deal (as long as it lasts) for those who want a cheap range or quick carry holster.
I don't take sides on this and I like the serpa but it is up to the user and how they train.

[video=youtube;GDpxVG9XFJc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDpxVG9XFJc[/video]

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like my Fobus Holsters. I have one for my G17 and one for my G20, I use them for open carry and Concealed Carry, they work under a jacket just fine. Quick draw, easy access to the gun and secure. I like them just fine. Massod uses them, if that matters?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just got my second one yesterday and did my upgrades (removing the rivet and adding a leather strip to the back) and have been using it walking around the house

1 - 17 of 17 Posts