Glock Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a confession to make... I have always owned Glocks, however a few years ago I puchased a Springfield xdm 40. I recently sold the xdm and replaced it with a G23 Gen 4. What an awesome gun! I am now working on getting all of the Gen 4 models made in 40s&w. I have learned my lesson, I will never stray again.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
noooooo comment; welcome to the site

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Don't beat yourself up too bad. I bought a used XD9c a couple of years ago, just because it had twice the value of the gun in xtras. Don't think I would carry it on a daily basis but it's fun to shoot. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a confession to make... I have always owned Glocks, however a few years ago I puchased a Springfield xdm 40. I recently sold the xdm and replaced it with a G23 Gen 4. What an awesome gun! I am now working on getting all of the Gen 4 models made in 40s&w. I have learned my lesson, I will never stray again.
It's good to stray sometimes.It makes you realize how good the original is.Same with forums, huh?;)

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
You are forgiven ! And, Welcome to the Forum !

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Hey...it happens in the gun world...I strayed and bought a Springfield XD-S...and I don't regret it. One of the best pistols I've ever owned...However, I have made it clear since then, that I still love my Glocks, and they are my go to's...(for the most part)...lol...I have made up for the last purchase, and plan on more...(Glocks, of course) :cool:
And I'm not gonna say I'm not gonna buy anything else...'cause I will... :rolleyes:

And welcome to the forum...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i have smith, ruger, and sig semi's but the majority are glocks. g27 is my edc all the rest are fun guns.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Welcome to the forum, as you can see by my signature I own a couple of Glocks. Also own a XDM, which I think is a real nice gun. So I guess what I am saying is, It is ok to own both!

·
Banned
966 Posts
I wish I was like you guys and had more money than I knew what to do with and a wife who didn't carry. But sadly, I'm constrained to one pistol and I chose a G23 for its flexibility in use as a home defense gun, concealed carry, and fun at the range. Great all-around gun, the OP and many LE agencies agree.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I wish I was like you guys and had more money than I knew what to do with and a wife who didn't carry. But sadly, I'm constrained to one pistol and I chose a G23 for its flexibility in use as a home defense gun, concealed carry, and fun at the range. Great all-around gun, the OP and many LE agencies agree.
I know your pain. During my LEO career I had only 1 personal weapon, a S&W 6096. It cost me $375 back in 1987. Now that I have a career that I can make money in and no wife to control my money, I am making up for lost time. :)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
As time goes on you collect and build up an arsenal. I know of few people that have that kind of money that they just buy a bunch of guns at one time and the ones that do don't enjoy them half as much as the ones that save the nickels and dimes to do it. Ask any one and most will tell you they savor the moment when they get one. I can't speak for other but I am like a little kid when I walk out with a new or even used gun from a place; the smile lasts for days or even months.
I will say this; buy quality and not quantity. I have some guns well over 30 years and they still look and shoot like the day I bought them

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
One thing I know is that I'll always keep a Glock(s)...If I could have only one handgun, it would probably be a G23...Whether it's one gun, or 50 guns...know how to shoot it, and shoot it well...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I know your pain. During my LEO career I had only 1 personal weapon, a S&W 6096. It cost me $375 back in 1987. Now that I have a career that I can make money in and no wife to control my money, I am making up for lost time. :)
lol...I hear ya...I'm considering a small business in the firearms industry...been contemplating it for a while now...I figure that it will generate more income for my long "short list" of "must haves"...I'm blessed to have a wife that not only supports my love for guns/hunting/shooting, but also buys me firearms and gear...Besides, I need to make up for some lost weapons...(being as I lost all my firearms/ammo in a boating accident.. :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
lol...I hear ya...I'm considering a small business in the firearms industry...been contemplating it for a while now...I figure that it will generate more income for my long "short list" of "must haves"...I'm blessed to have a wife that not only supports my love for guns/hunting/shooting, but also buys me firearms and gear...Besides, I need to make up for some lost weapons...(being as I lost all my firearms/ammo in a boating accident.. :rolleyes: )
I just had to forfeit mine in a gubmint order telling me I had to ship them all to Libya to assist the Muslim Brotherhood in the killing of American citizens. I wasn't happy about that but what can ya do?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts